This post is sponsored by Hatfield Bacon. All comments and opinions are my own.
When I am entertaining, I try to create my menu based on the event. Obviously I want all my foods to taste great but if they can be fun and festive, well, that’s even better!
So when it comes time to plan my game day menu, you know I am adding those Game Day Bacon Ranch Cheese Pinwheels you see above to the menu. Super easy to make, these bite sized snacks are definitely a crowd-pleaser. And the fact that they look like mini footballs is just icing on the cake.
Absolutely irresistible, just put out a batch and then watch them disappear in no time flat!
As you can see by the video, they are simple to prepare. I typically prep a couple of batches the day before my party so I can deal with party set up. Once they are prepped, I just place them on a sheet pan and then keep them in the refrigerator. Right before my guest arrive, I pop them in the oven and they bake up in a flash.
- 6 slices Hatfield Bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough or crescent dough sheet
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 diced jalapeño, seeded and membranes removed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream for garnish
- Bake or fry the Hatfield Bacon until crisp then finely chop and set aside.
- Unroll the refrigerated crescent dough onto a piece of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to press the seams and stretch the dough to approximately 15″x9″ in size.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, jalapeño, ranch seasoning and cheddar cheese until combined.
- Spread the mixture over the prepared crescent sheet and then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the chopped bacon.
- Roll the pastry up like a jelly roll. Cut into 10 – 12 one-inch slices.
- Gently shape the sliced rolls into ovals to resemble a football.
- Place the slices, onto a sheet pan and press approximately 2 teaspoons of the chopped bacon over the top of the rolls.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 8 -10 minutes.
- Pipe sour cream over top to create “football laces”.
- Serve and enjoy
C’mon… you know these are calling your name! You only need s few ingredients to create a game day centerpiece that is sure to score a touchdown with your guests. Head into Publix and pick up plenty of Hatfield Bacon for this recipe AND all my other game day goodies that I shared.
And keep in mind, you can use any of their three delicious varieties in this recipe and it will turn out amazing every single time.
- Applewood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
- Hardwood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
- Hardwood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
For over 125 years, Hatfield has believed in doing the right thing, not the new thing. In this case, that means raising their animals on family farms with no added hormones or steroids for growth. It’s a product you can feel good serving to your family and friends on game day or any other day of the year.
Give my Game Day Bacon Ranch Cheese Pinwheels a try and be sure to share your pics on social media and tag me (@iheartpublix) so I can see your game day spread!