This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
My brain is in constant motion. I think about one thing and that triggers another thought, then another and on and on and on. It’s kinda like that mouse/cookie story…just inside my head.
Seriously, am I the only one?
Here’s an example for you. The other day I was thinking how excited I was that the holidays were just around the corner. From there I starting thinking about what I would put on my holiday menu. That’s when I thought about deviled eggs because of course, deviled eggs are a must have at a holiday meal. As I was craving deviled eggs, I suddenly thought about egg salad. Hey, they are basically the same thing…just with a little different presentation. That’s when I headed to the kitchen because at that point, I just had to have some egg salad.
So are you craving egg salad now?
I am not sure why I don’t make it more often. It’s quick, easy and absolutely delicious. So today I thought I’d share my favorite version—my Southern Egg Salad recipe.
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish, if desired
- Place the chopped eggs, mayonnaise, mustard and relish in a bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Serve over salad greens or as a sandwich using your favorite bread.
You only need a few ingredients and chances are all of them are in your refrigerator right now. But, if you need to restock your supplies you’ll find some great deals at Publix.
Look for the Maille Dijon and Old Style Mustard on sale 2/$5…no coupon needed. You definitely need both varieties for all your favorite meals and recipes.
And, be sure to clip the Hellman’s coupon from the flyer. Use it to save $2 off a jar of mayonnaise so you’ll have what you need for my recipe and all your holiday recipes as well. Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise is America’s #1 Mayonnaise and is made with real*, simple ingredients: eggs, oil and vinegar.
- Maille Dijon or Old Style Mustard 7.3 – 8.11 oz, 2/$5
- $2/1 Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 24 – 30 oz or Vegan Dressing & sandwich Spread 24 oz oz Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 10/10 – 10/23
Take advantage of these deals through 10/23 at your local Publix.
That sammie looks amazing!!! I want egg salad right NOW! 😀