This post is sponsored by Riviana Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you don’t have quinoa on your menu every single week, you are really missing out on a delicious (and super easy) meal starter/side dish.
I typically have RiceSelect Quinoa on my menu at least once each week. Sometimes I include in a recipe and then other times I serve simply with a little garlic and butter. It’s amazing as a stuffing and even great in place of oatmeal in the morning. I guess it’s the versatility that makes quinoa a winner in my book.
Ok…well the versatility AND the taste.
One of my family’s favorite dishes is my Tri-Color Quinoa with Grilled Vegetables and Feta. It’s probably one of the most popular sides that I make. Jim will request this dish quite often. And what is so funny to me is that my husband does not eat asparagus…EXCEPT in this recipe. He didn’t even know it was in it the first time I made it. The combination of the nutty quinoa with the charred veggies and that salty feta is such an amazing combination.
I usually make it as a side dish but I have tossed in grilled chicken and made it the main dish.
Quinoa is technically not a grain but a gluten-free seed; it’s used, however, in the same way as other whole grains. It’s also called a pseudo-cereal in that it’s grain-like but actually not a grass-like wheat.
I love it for how easy it is to prepare. Just add 1 part of your preferred RiceSelect® quinoa to 2 parts liquid (water or chicken broth). Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. From there you can use it in tons of delicious meals and recipes.
Once you start using quinoa, you’ll always want to have it on hand. Like rice, quinoa is a staple in my pantry!
We have a great coupon to help us pick up savings on delicious RiceSelect Quinoa. Print the Publix Coupon and pair it with the sale to get a big 22oz tub of quinoa for only $5.99.
RiceSelect TriColor, White or Red Quinoa 22 oz, $6.99
–$1/1 RiceSelect TriColor, White or Red Quinoa 22 oz Publix Coupon
Just $5.99 after sale and coupon!
Need more information or need some tasty recipes? Visit RiceSelect Quinoa page to get the scoop on the different types of RiceSelect Quinoa and then add it to your menu this week.
Have your coupon handy when you shop this week and pick up a few other ingredients and you can have my Tri-Color Quinoa with Grilled Vegetables and Feta ready in under 30 minutes. It may become your go to salad when you need a tasty side. It pairs with beef, pork, chicken and more.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup RiceSelect Tri-Color Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 oz fresh snap peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- Add the RiceSelect Tri-Color Quinoa to the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the asparagus and snap peas with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables for 10 – 12 minutes until charred and tender.
- Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large bowl with the chopped vegetables.
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped parsley and toss to combine.
- Mix in the feta and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.