I love a good salad and honestly could eat a tasty salad every day of the week. But, my guys don’t necessarily share my love for “all that green stuff”.
BUT…when I pack the salad with lots of meat, cheese and other goodies they will gobble it up!
One of the most popular salads at my house is this Chopped Italian Salad. When I spotted the BOGO sale on Mezetta this week I had to add it to my menu for the week. You can vary the ingredients and make this one your own. I will often put out a large salad and put together little bowls with extra ingredients so that every person can add any additional toppings that they love. For my guys, that is always the meat. For me, it’s olives and pepperoncini–YUM!
Here are the items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/14 to 5/20 (5/13 to 5/19 For Some) –
Publix Salad Blend, Hearts of Romaine, American, Italian, or Spring Mix; or Caesar Kit, 5 to 12 oz, 2/$5
Publix Feta Chunk Cheese, Traditional or Reduced Fat, 8 oz, $2.99
Mezzetta Peppers, 16 oz, BOGO $3.09
Grape Tomatoes, 2/$4
Publix Deli Italian Meat Variety Pack, 6 oz, $6.99
Just a tip…go to the deli and get some salami or pepperoni cut by the pound. You’ll pay less and you can get it cut thick and cube it for the salad. My guys prefer cubed meat in this salad…but I used what I had handy this week!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz pepperoncini, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 oz salami and/or pepperoni, sliced thin or cut into small chunks
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until emulsified. I add everything to a mason jar and shake to combine. The jar makes storage easier too!
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss with the prepared dressing.