Spaghetti is one of the easiest and most inexpensive meals you can add to your menu. My guys love when I serve up spaghetti—but if I make it too often they get bored. To keep things interesting, I’ll replace the usual spaghetti meal with this recipe for Baked Spaghetti.
You get the same flavors that you love in a spaghetti dinner…but because it’s baked, it almost has a lasagna-like vibe. So you get tons of great taste without a lot of effort.
Even better is that you can prep this one early in the morning and then toss it in the oven when your crew starts saying they are hungry. What I really love is that this recipe makes a HUGE pan of food. Sometimes I use two 8″x8′ pans instead of the 13″x9″ and split the recipe. I bake one up and freeze the other to enjoy another day.
With many of the items on sale this week, it would be a great time to add this to your menu for the week. Look for these items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/14 to 5/20 (5/13 to 5/19 For Some) –
- Ronzoni Pasta, 10 to 16 oz (Excluding Lasagna, Jumbo Shells, Cauliflower, Turmeric, Super Greens, Organic, and Gluten Free), $1.29
- Botticelli Premium Pasta Sauce, 24 oz, BOGO $5.99
- Daisy Sour Cream or Cottage Cheese, 16 oz (Excluding 14-oz Squeeze), 3/$6
- Publix Shredded Cheese, 6 or 8 oz, 2/$5
- Publix Ground Chuck, USDA Inspected, 3 lb or More Package, $3.99/lb
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions until al dente
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion, bell pepper and garlic in a medium skillet, crumbing the meat as you stir.
- Drain any fat and stir in the pasta sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter and parmesan.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat the noodles.
- Butter a 13"x9" casserole dish and pour ½ of the meat/sauce mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Top with ½ of the the pasta mixture.
- Spread half of the cottage cheese over the pasta and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat another layer of sauce, pasta, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375º F.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 - 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.