One of the easiest meals that you can throw together is a frittata. These are a favorite for brunches and luncheons…but why not whip one up for dinner? You just can’t beat a one-dish recipe that’s you can have prepped and in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
Fritattas are very easy to make and typically I just raid my fridge and toss in any leftovers that I have handy. When I saw the BOGO sale on smoked salmon, I decided it was a great week to whip up one of my favorites…a Smoked Salmon Frittata!
This recipe makes a large frittata that will easily feed four…plus leftovers! I generally serve it up with a side salad and some fresh baked bread and watch everyone clean their plates.
Look for these items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/14 to 5/20 (5/13 to 5/19 For Some).
Vita Cold Smoked Salmon, Classic Nova, Farm-Raised, 4 oz, BOGO $8.19
Beemster Smoked Gouda Wedge, 8 oz, or Classic, Signature, or Goat Gouda, 5.3 oz, Located in the Publix Deli Specialty Cheese Section, BOGO $9.21
Grape Tomatoes, 2/$4
You can use the Beemster cheese that is BOGO or just grab a 4 oz package of Publix Goat Cheese at the regular price of $3.29. Either way, you have a tasty meal that’s easy on the budget!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 9 large eggs
- ¾ cup half & half
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 - 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Melt butter in a 10" oven-safe skillet and cook onion until translucent, approximately 3 - 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and half & half until combined.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, goat cheese, green onion, dill, tomatoes and smoked salmon.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet over the onions.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until puffed and completely set (when knife inserted into center comes out clean).
- Cut and serve while hot.