This post is sponsored by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
Head over and load your coupon to save $1.50 on any two participating products.
The coupon gives you the opportunity to grab a discount on snacks, meal starters and even dessert. If you are looking for a great meal idea that won’t break the budget, why not use your coupon and then whip up a batch of my Easy Pizza Pockets?!
You get all the same flavors of your favorite pizza in a smarter option. Try my version or get creative and add your preferred toppings for a pizza snack that fits into your goals for a healthier lifestyle.
Grab a package of your favorite Flatout® Flatbread endorsed by Weight Watchers®. I chose the light original for my recipe but you can mix it up if you’d like. No matter which you choose, you get big flavor that’s high in protein and fiber. And remember that Weight Watchers endorsed Flatout Flatbreads are all 2 – 4 SmartPoints® value per serving.
A few tasty topping will mean you get lots of great flavor in each bite. I like lots of veggies on my pizza so I went with onion, mushroom and green peppers (all 0 SmartPoints®). I also love pepperoni so to keep this a better-for-you option, I use five or six mini pepperoni slices in each pizza bite. It’s the perfect amount to give you great taste without adding the major calories that you’d get in a regular slice of pizza.
Of course cheese is a must when it comes to anything pizza. For my recipe I use Weight Watchers® String Cheese. It’s made from low-fat milk and has an amazing taste that’s perfect for my recipe. At just 1 SmartPoints® value per stick, these are the perfect choice for my delicious snack!
- Flatout® Flatbread
- Weight Watchers® String Cheese Stick, cut into 12 equal pieces
- mushrooms, chopped fine
- onion, chopped fine
- green pepper, chopped fine
- mini pepperoni
- pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Wisk the egg and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut each Flatout® Flatbread into 2 equal parts
- Add 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to the middle of each flatbread half
- Add 1 teaspoon of each veggie (onion, mushrooms and green pepper) on top of the sauce.
- Add 5 – 6 mini pepperoni slices and six pieces of the cheese.
- Lightly brush the egg mixture over the edge of each flatbread.
- Fold over so that the edges meet.
- Crimp the edges with a fork to seal.
- Lightly brush the top with the egg mixture and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Place each pizza pocket on a parchment lined pan and bake for 10 – 14 minutes until heated though.
Of course if your crew prefers to have a round pizza, simply split Arnold® Sandwich Thins rolls and top with all your favorite ingredients and pop under the broiler for a few minutes for an amazing snack or meal that is quick and easy.
Arnold® Sandwich Thins rolls are an excellent source of fiber and just 3 SmartPoints® value per roll.
Finish off your meal with a tasty treat. Weight Watchers® Ice Cream Novelties are portion controlled to help you reach your goals. Choose from bars and cones all made with low-fat milk and only 2 – 4 SmartPoints® value per serving.