This post is sponsored by the makers of HORMEL® Chili. All comments and opinions are my own.
This is the time of year when basketball fans everywhere come together to cheer on their favorite teams and indulge in some seriously delicious snacks. And let’s be real, the snacks are half the fun!
At my house, there’s one particular snack that reigns supreme during basketball season: Chili Cheese Sliders! They’re super easy to make, totally satisfying, and the perfect way to fuel up on game day. And with a little bit a creativity, they are sure to be the star of your snack spread!
Chili is the ultimate comfort food and an ideal addition to any game day menu. And when you pair tasty chili with fan-favorite sliders, you have a winning combination!
You don’t need to gather or put out a ton of condiments or toppings for great taste. The simple and mouthwatering combination of a burger, some cheese and a helping of HORMEL® Chili is absolutely perfect. And, the smaller format makes them perfect to snack on when game time rolls around.
To kick the recipe up a notch, just grab an edible ink marker and draw a few lines on your bun for a slam dunk snack that’s sure to please.
Game Day Chili Cheese Sliders
- 16 slider buns
- 2.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 8 slices cheddar cheese - halved
- 2 10.5 oz cans HORMEL® Chili No Beans
- additional topping desired: mustard, onions, etc
- Heat the HORMEL®Chili in a saucepan over low heat until warmed.
- Add the season salt to the beef and mix to combine. Form into 16 slider patties.
- Fry or grill the burgers until cooked through. Top with cheese.
- Place the burger on the bottom bun, spoon over some HORMEL® Chili and add the top bun.
So while basic sliders are fine, I think you’ll find that HORMEL® Chili is the the MVP of a really good slider recipe!
If you’re planning on hosting a game day gathering (or even if you’re just watching solo), do yourself a favor and whip up a batch of my Chili Cheese Sliders. Find everything you need to score big on game day at your local Publix.