This post is sponsored by the makers of WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE. All comments and opinions are my own.
Ok sports fans, it’s that time of the year again – time for some basketball! Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just in it for the snacks, there’s no denying the excitement that comes with college hoops and the March tournament.
Now, we all know that snacks are a crucial part of any game day experience. They’re the fuel that keeps us going when our team is down, and help us celebrate when they score big. So when you are looking for a snack that will keep your game day guests satisfied, I have the perfect option… a tasty 7 Layer Dip!
Basic chips and dips are fine but we are talking about the biggest basketball tournament of the year. I think that calls for the ultimate in party dips! My 7 Layer Dip is the perfect addition to any game day spread as it’s easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time so you won’t miss any of the action!
7 Layer Dip
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 1/4 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz HERDEZ® Salsa Casera - drained
- 15 oz WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 - 1/2 cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1/4 cup roma tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives - sliced
- 2- 3 green onions - sliced
- corn chips for serving
- Mix refried bean with the HERDEZ® Salsa Verde and taco seasoning then spread into the bottom of your serving dish.
- Spread the WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE into an even layer on top of the beans.
- Add the sour cream and spread into an even layer on top of the guac.
- Follow with a layer of the drained HERDEZ® Salsa Casera.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the salsa and top with chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and green onion. Serve with corn chips or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hearty and crazy good, this dip is a combination of amazing flavors. First up, we’ve got a layer of refried beans seasoned and mixed with some tasty HERDEZ® Salsa. Layer two is where the magic happens for me – a generous helping of WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE, with creamy avocado and all the perfect seasonings. The third layer is some seasoned sour cream to add that tangy kick. Next comes a layer of HERDEZ® Salas with it’s bold, authentic flavor. And of course, we can’t forget the layer of cheese, followed by diced tomatoes, green onions, and some chopped black olives. All that’s left is to grab some chips for a flavor explosion in every bite.
The best part about this dip is that it’s easy to make, easy to share, and even easier to enjoy. Gather a few ingredients, a bag of chips, and a bunch of hungry friends.
So what are you waiting for? Head into Publix and grab everything you need for the ultimate game day dip that’s sure to please. Trust me, your taste buds (and your home team) will thank you. Happy snacking!