This post is sponsored by the PLANTERS® Brand. All comments and opinions are my own.
Holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be difficult OR time consuming. Add great taste to your holiday spread with just a pop… a pop of the top that is! Pop the top off a can of delicious PLANTERS® Nuts and you have the perfect addition to any festive gathering!
Whether you serve simply from the can, as part of charcuterie board or in a homemade trail mix, it’s easy to bring the goodness of PLANTERS® Nuts to every celebration. With many sizes and varieties to choose from, you can find the perfect PLANTERS® products for all your entertaining needs in the snack aisle at your local Publix.
PLANTERS® nuts and mixes are a great alternative to other traditional snacks. Besides being packed with good fats and low in saturated fats, PLANTERS® Nuts are also a good source of dietary protein. With over 100 years in the business, it’s no wonder why PLANTERS® is the king of the snacking aisle.
And while those delicious nuts are great right from the can, they are also amazing as part of your favorite holiday recipes too!
Take those Salted Toffee Cashew Cookies for example. PLANTERS® Cashews and a few ingredients combine for some of the most amazing cookies you’ll ever taste. These are the ideal addition to your next cookie swap or dessert platter. They are so good, I wouldn’t be surprised if you find yourself making them several times over the next few weeks. Once your friends and family try these cookies, they will ask for them again and again, and again. Believe me, I speak from experience!
And that’s just one of the many tasty recipes that will help you bring the goodness of PLANTERS® Nuts to your celebrations. For more holiday recipes and inspiration look to MR. PEANUT® to help you celebrate the good at every gathering.
This season, MR. PEANUT® will be the ambassador of good for holiday celebrations by bringing PLANTERS® Nuts to the center of your parties and keeping holiday spirits high. Visit planters.com/holiday to enter for a chance to win “A Good Nut Holiday Party” at your home with MR. PEANUT® and the Nutmobile!
So stop by your local Publix, pick up your favorite PLANTERS® Nuts and celebrate the good all season long!
Salted Toffee Cashew Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup PLANTERS® Deluxe Lightly Salted Whole Cashews - chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- In medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted, continue to cook, bringing butter to a simmer, swirling pan constantly to avoid burning. Cook butter until it reaches a deep amber color. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine cooled butter and sugars. Mix on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour, soda and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in cashews, chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Divide dough into 24 balls. Place dough balls on prepared sheets, 2-inches apart.
- Bake cookies 8 to 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, or until cookies are lightly browned around edges. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
In the recipes for Salted Toffee Cashew Cookies ,why would you spend the extra money for whole cashews if you are going to chop them up ?
These cookies look soo yummy! I always love the addition of nuts in a cookie. Can’t wait to give these a try!