This post is sponsored by JOLLY TIME. All comments and opinions are my own.
Holidays are special for so many reasons. Making memories with family, celebrating holiday traditions and the fun and festive decorations are things I always enjoy. With Easter coming up fast, we’ll soon be celebrating and enjoying the day with friends and family!
Egg hunts are usually the high point of the day. But now that all the kids are getting older we have started coming up with other things to add some joy to the day.
Making Easter treats is a great way to have a little fun! Not only do you get to enjoy creating the treat… you get to eat a tasty snack too! So this Easter, why not make some family memories and start a new tradition with my Bunny Popcorn Ball Treats!
With most of the Easter treats chocolate based, I figured I’d try something different! We are huge fans of popcorn balls. I love to make them for my holiday trays and they are blank slates making them the perfect thing to add some holiday flair. So I thought why not create something festive. And for me there is nothing more festive for Easter than a bunny!
While they may look like a lot of work, these popcorn balls are really quite simple! Start by popping up a few bags of JOLLY TIME Pop Corn and you are on your way to a sweet and crunchy treat that is sure to please.
Hop on over to your local Publix and look for three delicious varieties in the snack aisle when you shop! I chose the Simply Popped Butter variety for my Bunny Popcorn Balls, but you can use any variety and they will be amazingly delicious!
Healthy Pop® Butter Minis – Make it a point to eat healthier with Healthy Pop Minis, with only 100 calories in each serving. Healthy Pop is satisfying and delicious as an afternoon microwave snack at work or as a low-carb, movie time treat.
Blast O Butter® – Blast O Butter popcorn is a burst of extreme butter flavor that movie butter lovers will crave. Enjoy movie theater popcorn in the comfort of your own home.
Simply Popped® Butter – Simply Popped Butter popcorn contains just four simple ingredients: popcorn, butter, sea salt and oil. Simply Popped is nature’s snack, simplified to be perfect for all of your friends and family.
- 7 quarts JOLLLY TIME Pop Corn, popped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- candy, jelly beans, large marshmallows and colored sugar for decorations.
- Spray a large mixing bowl with cooking spray. Add popcorn and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° or soft-ball stage then remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla and food coloring (if desired) and stir until the butter is melted.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- Let cool for 1 -2 minutes then use your hands or popcorn baller to shape.
- Decorate by placing candies and jelly beans for the eyes and nose. Finish with cut marshmallows dipped in colored sugar (See note).
Be ready to serve up a quick and easy snack this Easter. Grab plenty of JOLLY TIME Pop Corn for my recipe AND all your snacking needs! Perfect for holiday entertaining, movie night… or just anytime you have a popcorn craving!
Perfectly poppable and absolutely delicious, JOLLY TIME is the ultimate snack that is always sure to please.