This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
When I need a tasty meal that’s quick and tasty, I reach for a package of Knorr Sides.
Yes, you read that correctly… Knorr Sides. Those easy to use products that you enjoy as a side dish are also perfect as a meal starter too! With the addition of a few ingredients you can whip up a delicious meal in a flash. That’s because every package is packed with rice or pasta and lots of tasty seasonings. You simply add in a protein and some veggies and you are in business.
A family favorite is my Easy Italian Casserole. Perfect for any night of the week, this dish is incredibly simple to prepare and is very economical. All you need is a few minutes of prep and a handful of ingredients and you are on your way to amazing flavor!
- 1 package Knorr Italian Sides Four Cheese Pasta
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1 pound ground pork (or ground beef)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 oz can, diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prepare the Knorr Italian Sides Four Cheese Pasta with the water and milk per package directions.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the ground pork until browned.
- Drain any excess fat then add the onion and garlic and cook an addition 2 – 3 minutes, until softened.
- Mix in the canned tomatoes and Italian seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Add half of the meat mixture to the bottom of an 8″x8″ casserole dish.
- Spread the prepared Knorr Sides over top then top with the remaining meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top.
- Finally, top with the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes, until the cheesy is bubbly and the edges begin to brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
I like to get the Knorr Sides started and once it’s cooking, I start the meat sauce. This way, both finish up around the same time and then I am ready to build the casserole.
Start with a layer of meat sauce followed by the prepared Knorr Italian Sides and then another layer of meat sauce. Next comes a layer of mozzarella cheese and then some fresh tomatoes.
Pop the casserole in the oven and let it bake until bubbly and delicious. Serve with a side salad and some garlic bread for a hearty meal that your family will love!
Just because you are watching your grocery bill, it doesn’t mean you have to resort to boring meals! With the sales at Publix, you can create delicious dinners that are easy to make and easy on your budget too!
In fact with all the deals available, you can serve up a full meal without breaking the bank. Look for sales on Knorr, Hellmann’s and Sir Kensington as part of the current Extra Savings Flyer. And don’t forget the Talenti Gelato that is buy one get one FREE this week too. Stock your cart and serve up a tasty meal that your whole family will love!
$2/1 Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 15 – 20 oz Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 3/26 to 4/8
BOGO Sir Kensington’s Product Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 3/26 to 4/8
$1/2 Knorr Sides 38 – 5.7 oz or Family Size 8.3 – 8.8 oz (excludes One Skillet Meals) Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 3/26 to 4/8
And you can save more when you load that high value digital coupon available starting 4/1!
Simply purchase $15 of participating Unilever products and you’ll save $5 instantly at checkout.
SAVE $5 when you spend $15 on participating Unilever Items Publix Digital Coupon (valid 4/1 – 4/30)
So what are you waiting for? Stock up on meal essentials and save BIG when you shop at Publix.