This post is sponsored by Sir Kensington’s. All comments and opinions are my own.
Burgers are one of the most requested meals at my house. But, a big greasy burger isn’t exactly the most health conscious meal for those of us trying to maintain our new year’s goals.
Luckily I have a way to give my guys a healthier version of the meal they love. When we are hankering for a burger, I just whip up a batch of delicious Black Bean Burgers.
These tasty burgers are full of fiber and have less fat and calories than a traditional beef burger. Plus they are ready in less than 30 minutes making this the perfect meal for any night of the week! It’s crazy to think that you can create an amazing meal with a can of beans and a few pantry staples.
When it comes to the ingredients, you can flavor your burger however you’d like. I happen to like mine with a bit of a southwestern flair so I use a combination of chili powder, cumin and fresh cilantro to pump up the flavor. And to make sure the black bean burgers are moist, I like to add a little Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise.
Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise is the perfect blend of smooth sunflower oil, Organic Certified Humane Free-Range egg yolks and bright hints of lemon. Smooth and versatile, this creamy condiment is perfectly suited for dipping, spreading, baking and the must-have ingredient for my black bean burgers. In fact, at my house the mayonnaise goes in the burger AND on top of the burger as well.
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, etc…
- In a food processor, pulse the onion, garlic and cilantro until finely minced.
- Pat the beans dry and place in a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the beans (leaving some larger pieces for texture) then add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, onion mixture and the egg.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix until combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 – 3 minutes then shape into 4 large patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the burgers for approximately 6 minutes per until the outside is lightly browned and crisp.
- Serve on buns with your favorite toppings.
No matter what you have on your menu, Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise is a quick and easy way to add great taste to your favorite meals and recipes. And right now you can grab a great deal as part of the current Extra Savings Flyer valid 1/15 to 1/28 at your local Publix.
Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise 12 oz, $4
Sir Kensington’s Avocado Mayonnaise 12 oz, $5.49
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal, you really gotta give this recipe a try. Grab a few ingredients the next time you shop and be sure to take advantage of the savings while you can!