This post is sponsored by Minute Ready to Serve. All comments and opinions are my own.
Being budget conscious, I don’t really do a whole lot of fast food and takeout.
Typically those options don’t really offer much value. With a family of four, including two HUNGRY teenage boys, I am lucky if I can get a fast food meal for under $20. More often, a meal is typically over $6 per person. And then there is takeout… heck I could probably feed my guys an entire meal just with what it costs to pay the delivery fee and tip!
I just can’t justify spending that kind of money on food. For that reason, the majority of our meals are made at home.
Of course sometimes, it’s the convenience factor that drives folks to do fast food/takeout. But with so many fast and easy to use products available, I find that at-home cooking is often even more convenient!
That’s why I alway keep products like Minute Ready to Serve Rice on hand. I can have a dozen or more meals ready and on the table in just minutes. Like that Spicy Peanut Chicken & Rice that you see above. It’s super easy and absolutely delicious and can be ready in the amount of time you’d sit in line at the takeout window!
So instead of having to get in your car, drive and wait in line for your food only to end up with a cold meal by the time you are home… gather a few ingredients and you can have a hot and delicious meal in just minutes!
- 2 cups of Minute Ready to Serve Rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 6 oz cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ cup sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup carrots, julienned
- Chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water (more if needed - see note)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- To make the peanut sauce, In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, chili paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, water and ginger.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir again.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds then whisk until creamy and smooth. Add more water if needed, the sauce should be smooth with no lumps but thin enough to pour. The consistency should be similar to ketchup. Set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a small skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the snap peas an cook approximately 3 minutes until veggies are tender/crisp. Add the chicken and carrots and cook just until heated through.
- Stir in the prepared peanut sauce, Minute Ready to Serve rice then top with chopped peanuts and serve.
With Minute Ready to Serve Rice options, you can have flavorful and fluffy rice ready in just a matter of seconds, with no standing or stirring over the stove required. And with a number of different unseasoned and lightly seasoned flavors, the meal and recipe possibilities are endless!
Even better, these Minute Ready to Serve Rice options are made with no preservatives, cholesterol, or MSG. They’re also 100% gluten free and Non-GMO Project verified. Plus, they’re all suitable for vegetarian diets, and some are even vegan!
And I have more good news. Check your Ibotta app for a great offer plus a bonus. The amount may vary by user, but everyone gets savings on delicious rice that’s ready in just a minute!
Minute Ready To Serve Rice, $1.64
–$0.75/1 Minute Minute Ready To Serve Rice Ibotta Cash Back Offer – limit 5
–$0.25 Minute Rice Bonus when you redeem the offer 2 or more times – Ibotta offer
Just $1.14 per pack when you buy 2 after cash back and bonus…only 57¢ per cup!
Plus, Minute Ready to Serve Rices are super versatile, too. Just head over to minuterice.com for all sorts of easy and fun recipe ideas to help bring the family around the table and shake up those weeknight meals without a whole lot of fuss and clean-up afterward. You can even search only for recipes using Minute’s Ready to Serve options so there’s no confusion or mix-ups when it comes time to tackle your shopping list.