This post is sponsored by Success Garden & Grains. All comments and opinions are my own.
Who doesn’t love a good meatball? I know they’re definitely a favorite around here, whether as an appetizer come game day or as part of the main course for dinner. And while they’re most typically associated with Italian cuisine, just about every culture has their own traditional take on rolled and shaped balls of meat. One of my favorites happens to be this Easy Albondigas Soup recipe hailing from Mexico.
This recipe offers a fresh take for meatball lovers who might only enjoy meatballs in pasta or in subs. Thanks to the combination of Mexican spices and a box of Success Garden & Grains White Rice, Black Beans, Corn & Bell Peppers you end up with a dish that’s sure to please.
The best part about this recipe— besides the taste — is how quick it comes together with just a few ingredients and a little bit of prep.
- 1 bag Success Garden & Grains White Rice, Black Beans, Corn & Bell Peppers, uncooked
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced (+ additional sliced for serving)
- 2 carrots, chopped into ½" pieces
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, chopped into ½" pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños and sliced radish for serving , if desired
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Place all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll to form 1-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, prepare the soup by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in the broth and add the tomatoes, potatoes and cumin.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and cook for another 10 - 12 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño and sliced radish.
Besides how quickly these Garden & Grains blends cook up (just 10 minutes), I love that they’re also a good source of fiber and gluten free-certified so that just about everybody can enjoy them. And with two full-size serving bags per box, you’ll have plenty for this recipe and any other recipe that you love!
Available in two yummy blends — White Rice, Peas, Carrots & Red Bell Peppers and White Rice, Black Beans, Corn & Bell Peppers, both are the perfect way to start a delicious, no-fuss meal. And right now you can grab a box for FREE thanks to the cash back offer. Head into Publix and grab either variety and then submit the Ibotta offer and get it for FREE!
And speaking of recipes, each package has tasty recipes, ingredient mix-ins and seasoning suggestions. Success Garden & Grains Blends combines high quality rice with simple ingredients for endless meal possibilities. Load your Ibotta offer and save NOW at Publix!