This post is sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® and Grillo’s Pickles®. All comments and opinions are my own.
I love pork chops, but for some reason it seems like they become almost an afterthought come the summertime grilling season. There’s burgers, brats, sausage, steak, chicken and so much more to contend with… but why not chops? Not only are they incredibly juicy and flavorful, but they cook up so easily. Just season to taste, toss on a hot grill or skillet, and with a few turns here and you’re good to go!
When it comes to planning your next game day menu why not get creative? Forget the basic burger and add my BBQ Pork Chop Sandwiches to your spread. I’m telling you, when sweet, juicy barbecued pork meets that soft, fluffy and perfectly sweet King’s Hawaiian bun something really special happens. Add a little slaw and top with a few tasty Grillo’s Pickle Chips and you have a meal that just can’t be beat!
- King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- Grillo's Pickles Classic Dill Chips
- 2 lbs lean pork chops (approx 8 small chops)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 10 oz angel hair shredded coleslaw mix (or finely shredded cabbage)
- ¼ cup slivered red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, dijon mustard, celery seed and black pepper until combined.
- Add the shredded coleslaw mix and onion to a medium bowl and toss with the prepared dressing and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, grill the pork chops over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes per side.
- Baste with BBQ sauce during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- To serve, place a heaping serving of the prepared slaw on the bottom bun, add a piece of the cooked pork then top with Grillo's Pickle Chips.
- Add the top bun and serve.
Speaking of game day why not head into Publix and get everything you need to put together a tasty meal? Use the coupon and get FREE Grillo’s Pickles when you buy those tasty King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. Find your favorite King’s Hawaiian products in the deli and look for Grillo’s Pickles in the meat department at your local Publix.