This post is sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® and Grillo’s Pickles®. All comments and opinions are my own.
Football season is in full swing! Instead of throwing something together at the last minute, why not start planning your game day menu now so that you can serve up something amazing at your next get together?!
While I love a good burger, sometimes I like to shake things up and go with the unexpected. My Beer Cheese & Bacon Topped Chicken Sliders are always a guaranteed hit at every gathering. They are packed with AMAZING flavor and you can easily adjust the serving to feed your family or a large group with almost no effort at all.
- One Package King's Hawaiian Slider Buns
- ½ lb chicken breast, grilled and sliced
- Grillo's Pickles Classic Dill Chips
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 oz beer - choose a good craft beer with a flavor you enjoy
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 oz Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- Prepare the beer cheese by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow to burn...the color should be a very light caramel color.
- Whisk in half of the milk and stir until creamy.
- Slowly add the remaining milk and beer, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the mustard, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring to combine.
- Season with additional salt or cayenne as needed.
- Assemble the sliders by stacking some grilled chicken on the bottom slider bun.
- Spoon some beer cheese over the chicken, top with a half piece of cooked bacon and a few Grillo's Pickles.
- Place the top King's Hawaiian Slider Bun on top and enjoy!
This recipe makes plenty of beer cheese dip. You’ll have some for your sandwiches plus enough to dip your favorite pretzels, chips, veggies or more of those tasty King’s Hawaiian Rolls!
Plus, be on the lookout for the Publix coupon that will get you FREE Grillo’s Pickles with your King’s Hawaiian buns or slider buns purchase. Those amazing pickles are a must-have for this recipe and lots of other tasty burgers and sandwiches.
Buy King’s Hawaiian® Hamburger Buns or Slider Buns and get FREE Grillo’s Pickle® Chips Publix Coupon Extra Savings Flyer valid 9/25 to 10/8
Head into Publix where you’ll find everything you need to make your game day get together spectacular! Visit the deli and pick up tasty King’s Hawaiian Buns then hit the meat department and get your free Grillo’s Pickles!