This post is sponsored by Amish Country Cheese. All comments and opinions are my own.
Just because it’s a school night doesn’t mean you have to resort to takeout or something from the freezer for dinner. There are lots of surprisingly easy ways to put a tasty, satisfying meal on the table for the whole family without tons of fuss. Take my Sausage Stuffed Pizza Bread that you see above. Looks pretty tasty, right? Trust me when I say it actually tastes even better than it looks!
One of the best parts of this recipe is all the ooey, gooey cheese packed inside the pizza bread. You can use whatever brand you please, but for me, nothing compares to Amish Country Cheese. For over 70 years, Amish Country has been committed to providing top quality cheeses for their valued customers, and I’m one of them.
Now you can use any Amish Country Cheese that you love, but I prefer Amish Country Havarti for this recipe.
Havarti is a deliciously mild, very creamy, natural, semi-soft cheese. This interior-ripened cheese is aged for around three months. The cheese has tiny holes throughout the paste with cream to yellow in colour. Cream Havarti is a table cheese which can be sliced or grilled or shredded to make this amazing Sausage Stuffed Pizza Bread.
To get started just roast some bell pepper, onion and smoked sausage on a sheet pan.
Once done, simply chop it all into bite size pieces.
Unroll a sheet of refrigerated pizza dough and spread the sausage and veggies down the middle of the dough then top with plenty of that delicious Amish Country Havarti Cheese.
Roll it all up and place on a sheet pan and pop it in the oven.
Bake for about 30 minutes and you end up with a delicious meal that your whole family will love!
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 4 oz Amish Country Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 med onion, sliced
- 6 oz smoked sausage, split in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Toss the bell pepper and onion in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the seasoned veggies on a sheet pan with smoked sausage and roast for 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread the cooked veggies and sausage down the middle of the dough.
- Sprinkle with the shredded Amish Country Havarti Cheese.
- Fold the sides of the dough in towards the filling and then pull each side of the dough to cover the filling.
- Pinch the edges to seal in all the filling.
- Flip the dough so that the pinched seam is on the bottom.
- Move the pizza bread while on the parchment paper to a sheet pan and bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until golden.
- While the pizza bread bakes, melt the butter in a small saucepan with the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the chopped parsley.
- When you remove the pizza bread from the oven, brush with the garlic butter then allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Slice and serve with marinara.
When you need a meal in a flash, you gotta put this on your menu. Feel free to get creative and use any Amish Country Cheese that you love! With some of finest in the cheese aisle, choose from Colby, Swiss, Colby Jack and that delicious Havarti, of course!
Amish Country Colby Jack – This delicious cheese is a mixture of Colby and Monterey Jack cheese. Our blend is semi-soft and exhibits a unique eye-appealing marbled white and orange exterior that makes it a fun snack to eat on-the-go. It groups well with deli meat, sandwiches, soups, sauces, burgers, dark breads like pumpernickel and rye, omelets, casseroles, steamed vegetables, baked potatoes and fruits like apples and pears. Also, due to its good melting capabilities, it is the perfect choice for casseroles and nachos. This cheese is very popular with Mexican dishes.
Amish Country Colby – Colby is bit softer than Cheddar with more of an open texture with higher moisture content. Colby and Cheddar are made the same way except the curds are kept separate with cold water preventing knitting. The texture of Colby is more elastic than Cheddar. The mild flavor of Colby makes it perfect for cheeseburgers and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Amish Country Swiss – The mild and sweet flavor with a touch of nut is the perfect cheese to be eaten with fruits such as apples, pears, and grapes. This cheese also pairs nicely with thinly sliced prosciutto, ham, and salami. Not to mention Swiss cheese compliments the following beverages: Fruity white wine, aged red wine, cran-raspberry juice, tomato, or vegetable juices.
Amish Country’s Cream Havarti – Havarti is a deliciously mild, very creamy, natural, semi-soft cheese. This interior-ripened cheese is aged for around three months. The cheese has tiny holes throughout the paste with cream to yellow in colour. Cream Havarti is a table cheese which can be sliced or grilled.
The bottom line is that whatever your cheese needs, Amish Country marries taste and tradition in a way that’s sure to please. And if you need a back-to-school recipe that’s guaranteed to do the same, you can’t go wrong with my Sausage Stuffed Pizza Bread. Pair with your family’s favorite marinara and watch how fast it goes!