This post is sponsored by Bertolli. All comments and opinions are my own.
Now that school is back in session for my kiddos, my life is a bit hectic. The boys are at two different schools, so carpool alone sucks up a couple of hours of my day. Then there are all the extra curricular activities to deal with, homework help, and much more. It will probably be a couple of weeks before we all adjust to the new schedule.
While we are adjusting to our new routine, I try to keep the meals simple and easy. Often times I even try to prep dinner in the morning so that I can just finish it off when everyone gets home in the evening.
Lasagna is always a highly requested meal at my house. But lasagna is not something you typically think of as quick and easy. But I have a recipe that will change that… my Alfredo Chicken Lasagna!
Thanks to the rich and creamy flavor of new Bertolli d’Italia Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce, this lasagna tastes like a dish that took hours to prepare—when in fact, the prep time is well under 10 minutes! So even though it’s easy to prepare, you end up with a meal that is packed with amazing flavor.
New Bertolli d’Italia Alfredo Sauce are my new go-to white sauces. Bertolli d’Italia sauces are made in Italy using fresh, quality ingredients and traditional Tuscan cooking methods, then jarred and sent over to the US. The resulting flavor is so deliciously authentic that it’s like getting a little taste of Italy in every jar!
With two varieties to choose from, you’ll have great taste for all your favorite meals and recipes.
- Bertolli d’Italia Classic Alfredo
- Bertolli d’Italia Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce
Bertolli d’Italia Classic Alfredo sauce starts with a few key ingredients like rich dairy cream, butter, aged parmesan, and, of course, garlic. Then it’s cooked lightly in the Tuscan style for a perfectly balanced, delectable sauce.
If you prefer things a little cheesier, you’re going to want to try the d’Italia Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce. Using the Classic Alfredo as a base, Bertolli’s chefs then add in flavorful, finely aged cheeses including parmigiano reggiano, pecorino romano, fontal, and gorgonzola. It’s so rich and indulgent you need to taste it to believe it.
Because I want lots of delicious cheese in my lasagna, I prefer to go with the Bertolli d’Italia Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce in this recipe. That plus some rotisserie chicken from the Publix Deli, some spinach, and a few other ingredients, you have the makings of hearty and delicious dinner that’s ready in a flash.
And this is a dish that you can prep ahead of time then cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake. If you do this dish in two steps, mealtime AND cleanup will be super easy. I don’t know about you, but I can use all the extra time I can get in the evening.
Pick up what you need at Publix and add this dish to your menu when you want great taste without a lot of effort.
- 1 jar Bertolli d’Italia Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained of all liquid
- 8 sheets of oven-ready lasagna
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the chopped onion for 1 - 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in the Bertolli d’Italia Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce, spinach and chopped chicken and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes, until sauce is heated through.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta and egg until combined.
- Build the lasagna by spreading ¼ cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom of a 13X9 baking pan.
- Add a layer of 4 lasagna noodles then spread a layer of the prepared ricotta over the noodles, followed by half of the remaining Alfredo mixture then sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers once more then bake at 375º F for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Cool slightly before cutting.