This post is sponsored by Kraft Heinz Foods Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am a huge fan of mixing sweet and savory…peanut butter and jelly, chocolate covered pretzels, caramel corn AND my Pig in Paradise Burger. If you aren’t putting fruit on your burger you are missing out on big flavor!
Before you turn up your nose to putting fruit on a burger, you really gotta try it. I promise you, the sweet fruit and the Heinz BBQ sauce paired with the savory bacon and ham create the perfect flavor combination. All those big flavors and textures combine for an amazing burger that really just can’t be beat.
Now the recipe I am sharing below includes a beef burger, but you can absolutely use ground turkey, ground chicken or even a veggie burger and it will taste amazing.
Plus with the digital coupon, you can save on what you need to create your best burger. Load the high value digital coupon and save now at Publix.
Buy any 3 Kraft Heinz Ketchup, Mayo, Mustard (8oz or larger) , save $3 on Publix brand ground meat (any variety) Publix Digital Coupon
- Approximately 1⅓ pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 oz ham, sliced (approx 8 slices)
- 4 pieces of thick-sliced bacon, cooked crisp
- ¼ cup Heinz Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, minced (more if you like it spicy)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 4 burger buns (toasted if desired)
- Make the pineapple salsa by mixing the chopped pineapple, red bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Mix the ground beef with the seasoned salt and shape in 4 equal sized patties.
- Grill the burgers for 6 to 7 minutes total (for medium burgers), flipping the burgers at least once during cooking. Do not press down on the patties at any time.
- Grill the buns if desired.
- Place a cooked burger patty on the bottom half of the bun.
- Top with 1 oz of ham, a slice of cooked bacon, a hearty helping of pineapple salsa and then drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of Heinz BBQ then add the top bun.
- Serve and enjoy!
As you can see, to create this masterpiece you only need a few key ingredients. Luckily, Publix has everything you need to serve up great taste with ease. And…speaking of masterpieces, if you make your own burger, be sure to snap a picture and submit it to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest.
Heinz wants you to unleash your inner burger artist and treat every burger as a work of art, so they are giving us the opportunity to submit delicious burger masterpieces for a chance to win BIG! By submitting your burger masterpiece to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest, you could win one of hundreds of prizes including fun swag or even the huge $25,000 grand prize with some fabulous perks…including a lifetime supply of Heinz Ketchup, Mustard & Relish!
Get creative and whip up your own tasty burger with any of your favorite Heinz sauces. With so many different options to choose from, you can stick with something traditional or go wild with lots of different flavors and textures.
Entry is really simple. Just submit your photo to the Heinz Art of the Burger contest with a short description including the Heinz condiment or sauce starring as the subject in your burger. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your favorite Heinz sauce at your local Publix and put burgers on your menu this week. Your family will get great taste and you could win a really big prize.
NO PURCHASE OF KRAFT HEINZ PRODUCTS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. Enter contest by: 7/19/21. To enter and for Official Rules, visit www.HeinzArtoftheBurger.com