This post is sponsored by Amish Country Cheese. All comments and opinions are my own.
Memorial Day is coming up fast, so if you haven’t planned your cookout yet, now is the time to get started. Burgers, hot dogs and the like are always a great option. I like to have a variety of foods to make sure there is something for everyone. Chicken is always a good option…but basic chicken can be bland. Instead, I go with tasty options like my BBQ Bacon Chicken Bombs. These babies are a real show-stealer, and I think you and your guests are going to love them.
In fact, you might want to be ready to receive a lot of recipe requests.
The combination of flavors just can’t be beat. The sweetness of the barbecue sauce with the bacon is amazing but it’s that melty, ooey-gooey Amish Country Cheese that is the show-stealer!
For over 40 years, Amish Country Cheese has been supplying Publix with top quality cheeses at a great value. You can use any variety that you love for this recipe. I personally think the Colby Jack is perfect. It adds amazing flavor and melts like a champ! Print your coupon and visit your local Publix and pick up a package of that delicious Amish Country Cheese and a couple of other ingredients and you are on your way to an amazing meal that will be a huge hit at your holiday gathering!
While there are a few steps to get these prepped, it’s really not too difficult. And, I promise, that little bit of effort is totally worth it!
First, pound out your chicken until it’s about 1/2″ thin and set aside.
Next, you want to mix your cream cheese, chopped jalapeño and Amish Country Cheese until combined. If you remove the membranes and seeds from the jalapeño, this dish is pretty mild. But if you like it spicy, feel free to leave a few seeds in to give the chicken a little kick of heat.
Divide the cheese mixture and spread over the chicken. Next, you want to roll the chicken tightly, starting from the short end, then wrap each roll with 2 to 3 slices of bacon. You’re going to want to completely cover the chicken, so don’t be afraid to be generous with the bacon. Make sure to tuck the ends to secure the package.
Once the grill is good and hot, cook these chicken bombs for 16 minutes, giving them a turn every 4 minutes or so.
Then, once the bacon starts to crisp, it’s time to break out the barbecue sauce. Baste each roll generously and continue cooking another 12 – 15 minutes. Keep turning and basting every 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Amish Country Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 - 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 12 - 18 slices of bacon (regular slices --not thick sliced bacon)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pound the chicken between parchment paper until about ½ inch thin.
- In a small bowl, mix the Amish Country Cheese, cream cheese and chopped jalapeño until combined.
- Divide and spread the mixture over the chicken.
- Starting from the short end roll the chicken tightly.
- Wrap each chicken roll with 2 - 3 slices of bacon. Be sure to alternate each strip to cover the whole piece of chicken and tuck the ends under the side of the bacon strip.
- Heat your grill to medium (about 375º) and grill the chicken over indirect heat for about 16 minutes, turning every 4 minutes.
- Baste each chicken roll with barbecue sauce and cook an additional 12 - 15 minutes, turning every 4 minutes and basting as you go.
- Be sure chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Feel free to increase the recipe as needed based on the number of guests at your get together. I promise, these are sure to be a hit so you’ll want to have enough for everyone!