This post is sponsored by Unilever. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you were to ask folks their ultimate snack, I would bet that you’d get a ton of people who would give wings the top spot.
They are definitely at the top of our list of faves! I think my guys would eat wings every day if they had the chance. I happen to be a big fan of wings as well…but I like to shake things up and change up flavors quite often.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good buffalo wing but my Sticky Baked Onion Chicken Wings are an amazing change of pace when I want big flavor! Plus, they are very simple to make. These wings are baked so there’s no need for a bunch of oil and that means there’s no big mess!
If you have ever tried doing flavored wings, you know how hard it can be to get the flavor to “stick’ to the wing. But, I have a little secret…Hellmann’s Mayonnaise! Yep, a quick and simple mixture of Hellmann’s Mayo and Lipton Onion Mix is the easiest way to add big flavor to your wings with very little effort!
Since we have a sale and coupon, now is the perfect time to add my wings to your menu! Look for Hellmann’s Mayonnaise on sale buy one, get one FREE at Publix. AND for more savings, clip the digital coupon and save big on a box of Lipton Recipe Secrets.
- Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, 15 or 20 oz, BOGO $3.89 – $5.65 (valid 3/18 – 3/24)
- $0.50/1 Lipton Recipe Secrets Publix Digital Coupon – exp 3/22
Gather your ingredients and you can have the wings in the oven in less than 5 minutes. First, wash and dry your wings. Then just mix 1/2 cup of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with the Lipton Recipe Secrets. Be sure to save 1 teaspoon of the seasoning as you’ll use it to make your glaze.
The mayonnaise helps keep the wings moist AND keep the seasoning on the wing so that you get great flavor in every bite.
Place the coated wings on a rack atop a foil lined sheet pan and bake them for 40 minutes.
About 10 minutes before the wings are done, make your glaze. Just add some butter, honey, sriracha and that reserved Lipton Onion Secrets mix to a pan and boil for about 3 minutes.
The glaze gets brushed on the wings and then baked for an additional 3 – 5 minutes. Pull the wings out and enjoy a sweet and sticky onion flavored wing with a hint of heat. Super easy to prepare but you end up with a chicken wing that’s packed with amazing flavor.
These might become you new favorite snack! Find everything you need at Publix and be sure to take advantage of the savings when you shop!
- 3 pounds of chicken wingettes (cut into wings & drums)
- ½ cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablspoon sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Wash and dry the wing pieces.
- Combine the mayonnaise and the packet of Lipton Onion recipe mixture, reserving 1 teaspoon for glaze.
- Toss the wings in the mixture and place on a rack on top of the prepared foil lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- minutes before the wings are done, prepare the glaze by adding the butter, honey, sriracha and reserved Lipton Onion Recipe mix to a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Brush over the cooked wings and place back in the oven for 3 additional minutes.
- Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.