This post is sponsored by Truvia®. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you’ve never made homemade biscotti, you are missing out on one of the best (and easiest) treats ever!
I have made biscotti for so long now, I don’t think I have looked at a recipe in over 10 years. I have several versions that I make and really just throw together whatever I have handy. Sometimes I just add nuts, other times I throw in some dried fruits. From time to time, I’ll even drizzle them in chocolate. I have even been known to dip them in chocolate. Again, it’s all about my mood and what I am craving. Today, I am sharing one on my all-time favorite versions…my Sugar-Free Pistachio Biscotti!
While these are technically cookies, they aren’t as sweet as a traditional cookie. And because I use Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener in this version, it’s a treat that fits perfectly with my wellness goals. We are still early in 2021…I am trying to do whatever I can to stick with my new year’s resolutions!
With Truvia® Sweet Complete™ you get sweetness without sugar and zero calories per serving. Use it to sweeten whatever…wherever…whenever! It’s the simple way to maintain your new year’s goals.
I love it because it’s so simple to use! Truvia® Sweet Complete™ is sweetened with stevia and used just like sugar. So if your recipe calls for a cup of sugar, just use a cup of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ instead…there’s no conversion charts or guessing how much to use. Truvia® Sweet Complete™ measures, bakes and sweetens just like sugar.
You get a product that is easy to use, tastes great and allows you to reduce sugar, not flavor in all your favorite recipes. And right now you can pick up a bag at a super discount. Look for a digital coupon to save on your next purchase at Publix.
Once you have your ingredients, it’s time to make the biscotti dough. Grab your mixer and a few pantry staples and you’ll have the dough ready in less than five minutes.
The basic dough starts with light olive oil and Truvia® Sweet Complete™ mixed together. You then add in some vanilla and almond extract plus a couple of eggs and mix that all together until creamy. Your dry ingredients get mixed in and then you can add whatever flavor mix-in that you want. I am going with pistachios for this recipe…but feel free to get creative.
Once your dough is mixed up, you divide it in half and form two long logs. Those logs go into the oven for the first bake. Don’t worry, they don’t have to be beautiful. Just form the logs the best you can and let them go.
Once they are baked, pull the pan out of the oven and let the logs cool for a few minutes. Then grab a knife and cut each log horizontally forming approximately twelve 1-inch cookies per log.
Now it’s time to put them back in the oven for the second bake!
Cook the cookies for a second time, about 8 – 10 minutes until dry and very lightly browned.
Once they are cool, the biscotti can be enjoyed with coffee, tea or by themselves as a tasty treat whenever you’d like. Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener can be used to sweeten beverages too! Of course you can jazz them up by drizzling with a little melted chocolate if you’d like.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra light olive oil (not EVOO)
- ¾ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 1½ cups pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking powder until combined, set aside.
- Add the oil and Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener to a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add both extracts and the two eggs to the mixture and beat until creamy,
- Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the pistachios by hand.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Shape each half into into a log that is about 8 - 10 inches long.
- Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly brown.
- Let the logs cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then place on a cutting board and slice on a diagonal into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Place the cut cookies back on the baking sheet and bake for another 8 - 12 minutes, until dry.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Truvia® Sweet Complete™ 16 oz, $6.74 (reg $7.99)
–$1.50/1 Truvia® product Publix Digital Coupon
-$2/1 Truvia® Stevia Sweetener, exp. 2/14/21 (SS 01/03/21) [Bags].
–$2/1 Truvia® Stevia Sweetener Ibotta Deposit
As low as $2.74 after coupon and cash back!
Be aware that Truvia® Sweet Complete™ is only available in select stores. If you can’t find it at your Publix, try another variety of America’s favorite stevia sweetener (Truvia®) instead! To find Truvia® Sweet Complete™ at a Publix store near you, visit the store locator.