This post is sponsored by Hellmann’s. All comments and opinions are my own.
Since most of us will be watching the game at home with those closest to us, a few tasty app should do the trick! I have a fabulous recipe that is sure to make your family very happy!
It’s just not game day without a batch of jalapeño poppers. Cheese stuffed peppers are fantastic…but when you add some crab to the mix and wrap that pepper in a little bacon, you have a something that’s amazing!
This recipe is just an offshoot of my Creamy Crap Dip. I have made the basic dip numerous times over the years and it’s always a big hit. One year, I served it at a gathering aside a batch of jalapeño poppers and a friend commented that I should combine the two recipes for the perfect appetizer. So I did!
The first step is to prep your peppers. Just cut them in half and remove the seeds and membrane and place on a sheet pan. Next it’s time to make your crab dip.
The crab dip is simple to make. You just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and it’s ready to go! You could pop it in a casserole dish and bake it up and serve with some dippers. I don’t think anyone would complain.
But, when you stuff that dip in the peppers with the bacon, it really does take the recipe to another level.
Notice that you don’t need a ton of ingredients. I like to use lump crab from the Publix seafood department. It can be a little pricey so if you want to cut costs, you can use a canned crab. I have used both and the recipe is really good with either.
I’ll even save you a little more moolah as we have a Hellmann’s coupon that you can use to save $2 at Publix. Load the digital coupon and you’ll save big on Hellmann’s Mayonnaise for this recipe AND all your other faves!
- 12 – 16 jalapeño peppers, halved, deseeded and membrane removed.
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ½ lemon juiced
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 – 8 slices of bacon, halved
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place the cut peppers on a large sheet pan and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, crab, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, lemon juice and black pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Fill each prepared pepper half with a generous portion of the crab mixture; press lightly into peppers to secure. (Filling should mound slightly above top edges of peppers.)
- Wrap half a slice of bacon around each pepper and tuck to secure.
- Bake 24 – 30 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and bacon is browned and crisp.
Whenever you make this recipe, be prepared for people to hover in your kitchen! Chances are good that you won’t even need a platter for them. Just pop the pan on the counter and watch them disappear!