This post is sponsored by RiceSelect. All comments and opinions are my own.
One of my goals this year was to increase the number of meatless meals that I serve each week. I did this to save money, add more veggies to my meals and hopefully reduce time spent in the kitchen.
One of my favorite easy weeknight meals is a curry. Many folks shy away from curry thinking it might be too spicy for the family. But since you control the spice, you can make it however you’d like. Plus you have the ability to toss in any veggie (or protein) that you may have handy. One of my family’s favorites is my Butternut & Chickpea Curry. I can have this tasty dish ready in about the same amount of time it takes to cook my RiceSelect Jasmati Rice!
I really love this one as it’s very easy on the budget as well. Most of the items I keep in my pantry. So to throw this together, I generally only need to grab the veggies and I am in business. Right now it’s even more budget friendly as we have a fantastic sale and offer that mean big savings on the RiceSelect you need for this recipe.
$2/1 any variety, any size RiceSelect Product Ibotta Deposit
Rice Select offer a huge variety of products at Publix. No matter what you choose, you’ll enjoy outstanding taste and texture that’s perfect for your favorite meals and recipes.
You can redeem the Ibotta offer up to five times so get your faves and whip up something tasty. If you need some suggestions, try out some of the recipes I have shared in the past –
- Parmesan Rice Cakes
- Quinoa Frittata
- Tri-Color Quinoa with Grilled Vegetables and Feta
- Sweet Onion Risotto with Bacon
- Fruited Couscous Almandine
- Mushroom Soup with Brown & Wild Rice
- 3 cups RiceSelect Organic Jasmati, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 red/yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh garlic, minced or grated
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (adjust as needed)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3/4 cup broth (veggie or chicken)
- 15 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- basil, cilantro. lime slices and chopped peanuts for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onion and bell pepper for 2 – 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the squash, curry paste, curry powder, cumin and cayenne and stir to coat the vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Stir in the sugar and chickpeas.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the curry over the RiceSelect Organic Jasmati Rice topped with basil or cilantro, a lime wedge and chopped peanuts.
Thank you for the recipe! I am trying it tonight with little tweaks
Tweaks are always a good thing…I can’t remember the last time I followed a recipe exactly. Ok maybe when I bake–but that’s probably the only time. Hope you liked it 🙂