This post is sponsored by Kellogg’s. All comments and opinions are my own.
I’d like to introduce you to your new favorite treat! Yes, my Cheez-It Peanut Butter Toffee Squares may be one of my most favorite things ever.
This recipe actually came about because I was being indecisive. I wanted to make a sweet treat for a gathering but I needed something that I could make ahead of time. I thought about a batch of cracker toffee…it’s so easy and crazy good. But then my husband suggested that I make one of his favorite things…the mock candy bar bites that I make with Cheez-It Crackers, peanut butter and chocolate. Those are quite tasty but they are also pretty time consuming.
So…you know what I did? I combined those two amazing treats into one and it turned out to be an amazing combination!
You don’t need a ton of ingredients or a ton of time to whip up a batch of my Cheez-It Peanut Butter Toffee Squares. Grab a box of Cheez-It Crackers, some brown sugar, chocolate chips and peanut butter and you are ready to roll!
Remember, Cheez-It Crackers are on sale 2/$6 right now at Publix. I’d suggest you get a few boxes so that you have some to snack on AND some for my recipe. With the holidays coming up, you can NEVER have too many Cheez-It Crackers on hand!
- About 10 oz Cheez-It Crackers (plus additional for topping)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Line the prepared pan with Cheez-It Crackers. [i]–It’s OK if the crackers overlap slightly.[/i]
- Add sugar and butter to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil the mixture for 3 minutes then immediately pour over the Cheez-It Crackers then work quickly to spread and cover the crackers completely.
- Bake at 400º F for 6 minutes then remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over top and top with the peanut butter (I find it’s easiest to use a zip top bag to pipe the peanut butter in lines all over crackers).
- Let sit for 5 minutes then spread the peanut butter and chocolate all over the top of the crackers.
- Sprinkle with crushed Cheez-It Crackers.
- Cool completely then break into chunks or cut into squares.
- Store in a tin or airtight container.
You end up with the perfect combination of salty and sweet that’s crunchy and oh, so addicting! Seriously, I have a hard time stopping at just one piece. When I make this recipe, I have to divide it out into a couple of tins and then give some away just so I can’t eat it all!
Head into Publix and grab those tasty Cheez-It Crackers and give my recipe a try then let me know what you think!