This post is sponsored by Ronzoni. All comments and opinions are my own.
Did you spot the BOGO deal on Ronzoni Pasta in the upcoming Publix ad? Starting 11/12 (11/11 for some folks) you’ll be able to grab a super deal on the pasta you need for all your favorite meals and recipes.
Ronzoni Pasta, 10 to 16 oz (Excluding Lasagna, Jumbo Shells, Cauliflower, Turmeric, Super Greens, Organic, and Gluten Free), BOGO $1.69
With the weather starting to cool off, I have been craving hearty comfort foods. Nothing says comfort more than a big bowl of mac and cheese. While I do enjoy a classic macaroni and cheese, I love to experiment and add a variety of flavors and ingredients just to shake things up. For days when I am not feeling creative, I know I can find something tasty online…I just visit the Ronzoni website where I can always find something delicious!
Remember, mac and cheese is so much more than the basic stuff you ate as a kid. There are tons of grown up versions of Macaroni and Cheese that your whole family will love. Make it fun, make it bold or just go simple. You really can’t go wrong with whatever version you choose.
Have fun and switch things up or keep it classic — the choice is yours. And with the BOGO sale, now is definitely the time to stock your pantry with all types of pasta so you can create your own delicious macaroni and cheese meal!
- Ronzoni® Elbows – The classic Mac and cheese shape, use elbow macaroni in a Butternut Squash or Pesto Chicken Mac and Cheese.
- Ronzoni® Large Elbows – Slightly larger than traditional elbows, this pasta is ideal for holding onto more sauce in a baked Truffle Mac and Cheese or Spicy Asiago Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- Ronzoni® Cavatappi – Longer than elbows, this corkscrew shaped pasta is a fun addition to a Parmesan Crab Mac and Cheese or with a Trio of Cheesy Mushrooms dish.
- Ronzoni® Medium Shells – Crafted with a hollow center, this sea shell shaped pasta is perfect for bursts of flavor in every bite of a Calabrian Hot Pepper Mac and Cheese or an easy Cacio e Pepe.
- Ronzoni® Creste di Gallo – Creste di Gallo, meaning rooster crest in Italian, is a curved crescent shaped pasta with ruffled edges. Perfect for holding all your favorite sauces, try this shape in mac and cheese or another favorite pasta recipe.
Of course if you need some help deciding what to add to your dinner table, the folks at Ronzoni have you covered. Take the quiz to find out which mac and cheese belongs on your table, explore more delectable recipes and shop Ronzoni® pasta at Publix! Head over and see what your ultimate Cheesy Mac-sterpiece looks like!
Here’s a tasty option that is always a hit at my house…Pesto Chicken Mac and Cheese. I love this as you get your side and protein in one dish and it’s super quick and easy to make. Plus who can pass up a pesto/mac & cheese combo…it’s two great flavors in one–YUM!
- 16 oz Ronzoni® Elbows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated and divided
- 1⅔ cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ⅓ cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving ⅓ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle in flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Continue to whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheddar and Parmesan until melted. Stir in chicken and pesto until combined.
- Toss in pasta and reserved pasta water until well coated.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and basil.