This post is sponsored by Riviana Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
I absolutely love soups…especially this time of year. There’s nothing better than a big bowl of comfort food on a chilly day.
One of my all time favorite soups is a hearty Broccoli Cheese & Rice Soup. It’s crazy simple to prepare and is ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish. Sometimes I make a double batch so that we can eat it for dinner and then I can enjoy it as leftovers for lunch throughout the week.
The version that I am sharing today is the basic version that I make. Sometimes I will jazz it up with extra veggies or add meat such as chicken or ham. No matter which version you make, it turns out perfect every single time.
The key to the quick cook time is by using Success Rice. I never have to worry about undercooked rice or adjusting the liquid in my soup. I just start the rice and the soup at the same time and in about 20 minutes, dinner is ready to go!
You can use any variety of Success Rice that you love for this recipe. I happened to have a box of Success Jasmine Rice in my pantry so that’s what I used. It love that fragrant, fluffy rice so I typically always have it on hand. It’s the quick and easy rice that’s perfect in all your favorite meals. It’s also naturally Gluten Free, Non-GMO Project Verified and free of MSG or preservatives.
Give my soup a try and let me know what you think. You don’t need a ton of ingredients to have a tasty meal ready even on a busy night.
Look for Success Rice and Success Quinoa in the rice/pasta aisle at Publix or have it delivered right to your door when you place your order through Instacart.
- 1 bag Success® Jasmine Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base (or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook the Success® Jasmine Rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- While the rice cooks, place water, chicken base, broccoli, and carrots into a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Allow veggies to boil for 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan and cook the onions and celery until softened.
- Alternate flour and milk/cream into the butter and onions/celery mixing well between each addition. Allow to cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the water with the boiling veggies.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and cook until thick and creamy.
- Stir in the cooked Success® Jasmine Rice.
- Serve topped with chopped bacon.
With respect !!!