This post is sponsored by Riviana Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
I wanted to point out a fantastic deal that I bet many of you (like me!) will love…
Pair that new RiceSelect Quinoa coupon with the current Publix sale to get a big 22oz jar of quinoa for only $5.99.
It definitely makes me a happy gal as I use quinoa all the time. I love quinoa for the versatility, taste AND the ease of preparation. It is absolutely delicious is so many different recipes and so simple to make. You will definitely want to print your coupon and grab a jar (or two).
RiceSelect TriColor, White or Red Quinoa 22 oz, $6.99
–$1/1 RiceSelect TriColor, White or Red Quinoa 22 oz Publix Coupon
Just $5.99 after sale and coupon!
Some of you may be new to the world of quinoa. You may have had it in a recipe before but might not know exactly what it is. I thought I’d give you some basic info to help get you started. But, you can find the full scoop on the RiceSelect Quinoa page.
Quinoa is technically not a grain but a gluten-free seed; it’s used, however, in the same way as other whole grains. It’s also called a pseudo-cereal in that it’s grain-like but actually not a grass-like wheat.
I love it for how easy it is to prepare. Just add 1 part of your preferred RiceSelect® quinoa to 2 parts liquid (water or chicken broth). Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. From there you can use it in tons of delicious meals and recipes.
Once you start using quinoa, you’ll always want to have it on hand. Like rice, quinoa is a staple in my pantry!
I have a tasty recipe that will help you put the deal to use. Grab a jar of quinoa and whip up a Quinoa Frittata. It’s crazy simple to make and doesn’t require a ton of ingredients.
Just serve with a simple side salad for a delicious meal that doesn’t require a ton of effort. Perfect for a busy weeknight, you really only need a few minutes to prep and then it goes in the oven to bake. It’s super hearty and packed with great flavor. Even my picky teenagers gave this one two thumbs up.
Grab your ingredients when you shop and be sure to print your coupon to take with you. Try it out this week and let me know what you think!
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa White Quinoa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (10oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring the quinoa and broth to a boil in a small sauce pan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, salt and pepper; beat well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Pour mixture into pie plate. Bake 50 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.