This post is sponsored by Carando. All comments and opinions are my own.
Meatballs are so much more than what you plop on top of pasta and drown in red sauce. Sometimes you just have to think out of the box.
My guys LOVE meatballs but I get a bit bored of eating them the same way week after week…so I started playing around and coming up with different ways to serve them up.
Take my Meatballs In Creamy Piccata Sauce recipe as an example. I love a good chicken piccata so I figured why not change it up and use meatballs in place of the chicken. Talk about amazing…those tasty meatballs swimming in that rich, creamy sauce is just fantastic. I promise you, it’s definitely not the usual boring spaghetti and meatball combo!
I choose Carando Meatballs for my recipe because they are perfectly seasoned and crazy easy to prepare. I just toss them in the oven and then I can focus on that delicious cream sauce. When the flavors combine, it’s a meal that you just want to eat over and over and over!
Right now you can get savings on a package of your favorite Carando Meatballs. Load the digital coupon and pick up a package at a discount the next time you shop at Publix.
Carando Meatballs, 16 oz, $4.99
–$1/1 Carando Meatballs Publix Digital Coupon
$3.99 after coupon!
Carando Italian Style Meatballs let you prepare meatballs that taste like they’re made from scratch with minimal effort. The Old World crafted meatballs feature a savory flavor with blended cheese and Italian herbs, perfect for spicing up any meal. And you’ll be happy to know that they are made with no added MSG and no fillers, and they’re gluten free.
You’ll notice that this recipe requires only a few ingredients. Most all are kitchen staples, but when you combine them you end up with a really tasty meal that your whole family will love.
- 1 package Carando Italian Style Abruzzese Meatballs, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 oz capers, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked spaghetti noodles
- While the meatballs cook, prepare the sauce.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, stir in the flour and cook for once minute.
- Add the chicken broth, cream and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 8 - 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the meatballs and allow to simmer an additional 2 - 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the capers.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over cooked pasta.