This post is sponsored by B&G Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
My guys absolutely love rice. I honestly think that they’d be happy with it served at every single meal. I love rice as well, but I also try to keep our menu varied—just to keep things interesting.
When I spotted the bags of Green Giant® Riced Veggies hit the shelf at Publix, I just had to check them out. A rice alternative that’s made with veggies…that definitely caught my eye.
I picked up a bag thinking that it would be a nice change of pace. But, I got excited when I saw that the riced veggies are a good source of protein and fiber. With two picky teenagers, I struggle getting them to eat their veggies. Having the ability to give them veggies in a format that I know they love is a dream come true!
Obviously I love the nutritional benefits but I was also very pleased with the easy prep. Green Giant® Riced Veggies cook on the stovetop in under 10 minutes. I have had to adjust my meal plans numerous time because I didn’t leave myself enough time to cook rice. Regular rice takes 40 minutes in my rice cooker and at least 20 minutes on the stove top. So being able to whip up the riced veggies in about 10 minutes is extremely convenient.
Look for three varieties in the rice/pasta aisle –
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Chickpea Cauliflower Blend – made from legume flour and dehydrated cauliflower
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Green Pea and Chickpea Cauliflower Blend – made from legume flour and dehydrated cauliflower
- Green Giant® Riced Veggies Red Lentil, Green Pea, Chickpea Trio – made from 100% legume flour
With the sale in the new Extra Savings Flyer, you can pick up the bags at a nice discount. Look for all three varieties on sale 2/$7 through 9/25 at your local Publix.
Green Giant® Chickpea or Red Lentil Rice, 7 oz, 2/$7
Use the riced veggies as an alternative to rice in all your favorite meals and recipes. If you need a recipe idea, try my Greek Riced Veggie Salad. It’s an AMAZING meal that tastes great and is ready in a flash. I have been making this almost once a week since I found the riced veggies. I prepare a big batch and then eat it for lunch throughout the week…it’s so good!
- 7 oz pkg Green Giant® Riced Veggies Chickpea Cauliflower Blend, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 - 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked veggie pasta, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, pepperoncini peppers, parsley and feta.
- Toss with the prepared dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!