Well guys the sales are a little slim this week. When I looked at the list and started working on my menu…I decided it was a casserole kind of week!
A favorite at my house is this Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I have shared this one before and thought it would be a good reminder as many of the key items are on sale in the new ad. With a few pantry staples you can have this one on the table in a flash.
My guys love the taste and it is crazy easy to prepare. You get all the flavor of stuffed bell peppers without a lot of effort. PLUS…my boys actually eat the bell pepper when it’s all mixed together. When I serve up a stuffed pepper they only eat the filling.
What’s so nice about this recipe is that you can use whatever ground meat that you have handy. Seriously…you can use turkey, beef, sausage, pork, chicken—or even a combo of meats! Just use whatever might be hiding in your fridge or freezer and it will come out great.
My guys love it with sausage and then eat the casserole with a big hunk of crusty bread. It’s almost has a pizza vibe when served that way…which makes my pizza-aholics VERY happy!
Look for these items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/7 to 5/13 (5/6 to 5/12 For Some)
- Publix Mild Italian Turkey Sausage, 16 oz, $4.19
- Kraft Shredded Cheese or Chunk, 6 to 8 oz; or Kraft Taco Bell Shredded Cheese, 7 oz, 2/$6
- Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers, 8 oz, BOGO $3.59
- 1 cup bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, chicken, sausage, turkey, etc.)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add chopped bell pepper, onion, garlic and ground meat to a large skillet and cook until meat is browned.
- Drain any fat.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cooked rice, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in ¾ cup of cheese and then remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375º for 20 minutes.