I have found over the years that meatless meals can be a great way to keep your budget low. Plus, adding a plant-based meal to your menu can be good for you and the environment. So I took the plunge about 10+ years ago and started implementing a meatless meal every single week in my menu.
Going meatless can be scary at first. I understand…I have three guys who would be happy with nothing but meat on their plate. But now there are so many meatless options out there now that really taste amazing. In fact, my guys don’t often realize that many of the meals that I prepare include plant-based alternatives. Hey, if they don’t ask…I don’t tell!
Pasta dishes are one of the easiest ways to introduce meat-free options. One of my guys favorites is this Easy Chick’n Parmesan Casserole. All the flavor of regular chicken parm is there…but you have half of the prep. Just boil up some pasta, assemble the casserole and dinner is on the table lickity split!
With the sale on Gardein products, I bet you can come up with lots of meat-free options this week. If you have a fave way that you use the products, leave a comment. I am sure everyone would love to hear more ideas.
Look for these items on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/7 to 5/13 (5/6 to 5/12 For Some). Grab a few ingredients and add this recipe to your menu for the week.
Gardein Meat-Free Entrees or Skillet Meals, 8 to 20 oz, 2/$7
Ragu Pasta Sauce, Chunky or Old World Style Traditional, 45 oz, $2.99
Kraft Shredded Cheese or Chunk, 6 to 8 oz; or Kraft Taco Bell Shredded Cheese, 7 oz, 2/$6
- 8 oz cooked pasta (ziti, fusili, rotini, etc)
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 9 oz pkg Gardein Crispy Chick'n Tenders
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Mix together the cooked pasta, sauce, chopped basil and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 8"x8" casserole dish.
- Place the chick'n tenders on top of the pasta and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with additional basil if desired.