March Frozen Food month is the perfect time to stock your freezer with lots of delicious foods and meals. We see tons of amazing coupons and deals giving you the opportunity to grab all your favorites…and even try something new!
Head into Publix where you will find great prices on snacks, veggies, meats, seafood, treats, dessert and so much more.
Busy families will agree that the taste and convenience of frozen foods just can’t be beat! Being able to look to the freezer for a little help makes mealtime quick and convenient. Whether you’re looking for vegan, ethnic, gluten-free, organic or antibiotic-free meat…the frozen food aisle has it all. Today’s frozen foods are created and tested by chefs and nutritionists using on trend ingredients and flavors. You can find foods and flavors to suit everyone!
Seriously there really is something for everyone. With 3,700 frozen options to choose from, everyone from novice cooks and parents to chefs and foodies can create their own impressive food experience.
I depend on frozen foods to help me throughout my busy week…convenience is key in my world!
Frozen foods last much longer than their fresh counterparts. Use just what you need and put the rest back in the freezer for next time. You know what that means… less waste and more savings—that’s got to make you happy.
- Many frozen foods are perfectly-portioned so there’s no waste.
- You are paying for 100% edible food – no stalks, seeds or rinds.
- Frozen foods are consistently priced year-round
Right now you can find fantastic deals in the frozen and dairy aisle at your local Publix. Look for these deals and coupons as part of the current Publix Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer – “Extra Savings” Valid 3/14 to 3/27.
Egg Beaters, 15 to 32 oz
-$1/1 Egg Beaters, 15 to 32 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Extra Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 3/14 to 3/27)
Smart Balance Buttery Spread or Spray, 7.5 to 45 oz
-$1/1 Smart Balance Buttery Spread or Spray, 7.5 to 45 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Extra Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 3/14 to 3/27)
Ripple Dairy-Free Milk, 48 oz
-$1/1 Ripple Dairy-Free Milk, 48 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Extra Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 3/14 to 3/27)
Lender’s Bagels, Refrigerated, 17 oz
-$2/2 Lender’s Bagels, Refrigerated, 17 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Extra Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 3/14 to 3/27)
Del Monte Veggieful Bites or Contadina Pizzettas, Frozen, 10 ct
-$1/1 Del Monte Veggieful Bites or Contadina Pizzettas, Frozen, 10 ct Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Extra Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 3/14 to 3/27)
–$0.75/1 Del Monte Veggieful Bites 7.5oz pack
–$0.75/1 Contadina Pizzettas Snacks 7.5oz pack
Food For Life Products
-$1/2 Food For Life Products Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Extra Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 3/14 to 3/27)
Applegate Chicken or Turkey Sausage Links or Patties, 7 oz, $3.99
–$1/1 Applegate Product printable
Springer Mountain Farms Fully Cooked Chicken Product, 24 oz, $6.99
Birds Eye Bowl, Frozen, 9 to 9.3 oz, 3/$9
Birds Eye Voila! Family Size Meal, 42 oz, $5.99
–$10 Publix Gift Card wyb $30 in participating frozen products – Frozen Reward Club Rebate
SeaPak Flatbreads Shrimp Pizza, 16 oz, $5.99
–$0.75/1 SeaPak product 8oz or larger
-$1/1 SeaPak Product, exp. 4/1/20 (SS 02/23/20) [8-oz.+].
–$1/1 SeaPak Products, exp. 3/11/2020 (Checkout 51 Rebate) [Any Variety.].
Brazi Bites Brazilian Cheese Bread of Empanadas, Frozen, 10 to 11.5 oz, $3.99
Haagen-Dazs, 28 oz, $5.99
Wyman’s of Maine Fruit, 3 lb, $10.99
Breyers Carb Smart Bars, 6 pk, 2/$6
Tillamook Cheese, 7.2 to 8 oz, 2/$7
Tillamook Ice Cream Sandwiches, 12 oz, $3.99
Tillamook Ice Cream, 56 oz, $5.49
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Cups, 4 oz, 10/$10
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of those tasty frozen & refrigerated foods you love. For the best food quality and safety measures, use the following tips when shopping, storing, thawing and cooking frozen and refrigerated foods.
- Make the frozen food and dairy departments your last stop in the supermarket.
- Select frozen food packages that are clean and firm. Discolored packages and large amounts of frost may mean that the package has not been kept at the appropriate temperature during storage.
- When bagging groceries, pack all frozen food and refrigerated food together to help maintain their cold temperature.
REFRIGERATOR AND FREEZER STORAGE TIPS
- Keep the refrigerator temperature at or below 40° F and the freezer at 0° F. Use a refrigerator/freezer thermometer to make sure the proper temperature is maintained.
- Put a purchase date on all frozen food products, then rotate foods, putting newly purchased items in the back of the freezer. Use products on a “first in, first out” basis.
- Don’t over-fill the freezer. The freezer should be about 3/4 full, leaving room for air to circulate around food.
- The best way to minimize freezer burn is to avoid temperature fluctuations within your freezer (e.g. make sure the door is kept closed and freezer is about 3/4 full.) In addition, ensure products are wrapped well, in air-tight packaging.
- Try to not open the freezer or refrigerated unless it’s necessary. When you do, don’t linger with the door open.
- Most frozen foods are intended to be cooked directly from the frozen state. They are not meant to be stored in the refrigerator before cooking or eating.
- Do not refreeze thawed frozen foods for safety and quality reasons.
- Never defrost food at room temperature. Only thaw food in the refrigerator, in cold water or in the microwave.
- Food thawed in cold water or in the microwave should be cooked immediately.
- You should not eat frozen foods before following cooking instructions on the package.
- Be sure to follow the package cooking instructions for optimal food safety and quality.
- Use a food thermometer which measures the internal temperature of cooked meat, poultry and egg dishes, to make sure that the food is cooked to a safe internal temperature. See Safe Internal Temperatures PDF
- If your microwave’s wattage is lower than the wattage on the label’s instructions, it will take longer to cook the food to a safe internal temperature.