This post is sponsored by Minute Rice. All comments and opinions are my own.
Already starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all the holiday happenings? Don’t start stressing out now…we still have a few weeks to manage the holiday hustle and bustle.
Since you can’t control the calendar, why not look for ways to streamline your daily tasks? Mealtime is always the best place to start. Try adding a couple of slow cooker/instant pot recipes to your weekly rotation. Another great option is to cook meals that allow you to cook once and eat twice. Heck, you could even just double a recipe so you eat one and freeze one for another to have handy when needed.
Keeping a couple of boxes of Minute Rice on hand is always a great idea. Minute Rice offers you the goodness you want and the convenience you need. Ready in as little as 5 minutes, it’s the ultimate for a busy weeknight or whenever you need a meal on the table in a flash.
I am talking soups, casseroles, skillet meals and so much more. The best part is that all the hard work is already done. Thanks to the quick convenience of Minute Rice, you can have a delicious meal ready in no time flat. AND…right now you can get a box of Minute Instant Jasmine and save some moolah!
Just clip the digital coupon and save on your next purchase at Publix.
With the weather getting a bit chilly, I look for warm comfort foods like soups, stews and chili. One of my favorites is this recipe for Asian Beef & Rice Soup. It’s packed with big flavor but doesn’t require a ton of time. You can have a big batch of soup ready in about 30 minutes…and that includes the prep and cook time! If you are a good with a knife, you can have it on that table even faster.
It’s also a one-pot meal which means easy clean-up. That’s always a good thing on a busy night!
Grab a few ingredients and serve this up on a busy weeknight. You’ll love the taste and how easy it all comes together. Be sure to clip your coupon and save on your Minute Rice purchase when you shop.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced (or your favorite mix of mushrooms)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 8 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head bok choy, julienned
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 16 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak (very thinly sliced- against the grain)
- Chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- 2 cups Minute Instant Jasmine Rice
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, stirring often - about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and salt.
- Bring to a boil then add the bok choy, carrots, rice and sliced steak. Cover and remove from heat.
- Wait five minutes then stir and serve topped with chopped cilantro and lime wedges if desired.