This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Expecting a house full of holiday guests? My family will be tricking in over the next few days with the first folks coming TOMORROW! I have been working like a mad woman to get ready for our holiday fun.
My house is decorated, the gifts are all wrapped and I am finalizing my menu for the next week. My menu is a bit different than usual as I will have a lot more folks to feed. With that in mind, I try to offer some variety when it comes to meals to ensure there is something for everyone.
Luckily Publix always seems to have what I need on sale at just the right time. This week they have all my favorite Smithfield breakfast products on sale buy one, get one FREE! Look for Smithfield Bacon, Ready to Eat Bacon, Fresh Breakfast Sausage, Ham AND Frozen Breakfast Sausage included in the BOGO sale. You can get everything you need for breakfast, brunch and beyond.
- Smithfield Sausage Roll, 16 oz, BOGO $3.99
- Smithfield Bacon, 16 oz, BOGO $5.81
- Smithfield Fully Cooked Bacon, 2.1 oz, BOGO $3.99 – $4.99
- Smithfield Smoked Ham, Diced or Cubed, 8 oz, BOGO $3.29 – $3.99
- Smithfield Hometown Original Pork Sausage, Frozen, 19.5 or 20 oz, BOGO $4.99
What I love is that most all of these items have a nice long shelf life so that I can really stock up and have plenty on hand to hold me for several weeks.
I will likely grab 4 – 6 packs of each item as I have lots of folks to feed in the coming week. I am not the best short order cook so when I have a large group to feed, I opt for multi-serve meals like this Sausage Gravy Biscuit Casserole. It’s always a favorite and is so easy to make. Plus, thanks to the BOGO sale, it’s super economical too!
This one is on my menu for Saturday so you know I already stocked up! Take advantage of the savings and try my recipe when you need a tasty breakfast option that doesn’t require a lot of effort. Just make sure you get plenty of sausage as your family make request you make it a couple of days in a row!
- 1 pound Smithfield Breakfast Sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 12oz cans of refrigerated biscuits (small size biscuits or large cut into quarters)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Lightly spray a 3 quart oven safe skillet (or 9"x13" casserole dish) with cooking spray.
- Line the prepared dish with one can of biscuits and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the Smithfield Sausage to a large skillet, crumbling as you cook.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 4 - 6 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Pour the gravy over the baked biscuits then top with the remaining can of biscuits and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush the cooked biscuits with butter if desired.