This post is sponsored by NK Hurst Company, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
I have had lots of folks visiting over the past week or so. When I need to feed a big group of people, I go for things that are easy and won’t keep me stuck in the kitchen all day. When I am entertaining, I want to spend time with my guests and not dealing with food prep. Soups and stews are always a great option.
Being able to toss everything in my slow cooker makes life so much easier. And thanks to all the different varieties of Hurst Beans, my meals taste AMAZING!
I have used Hurst Beans for many, many years and trust them completely. Hurst Beans are the highest quality and best tasting packaged dry beans on the market.
Every single variety of Hurst beans has a recipe on the bag and there are even more on their website. All you need is a few ingredients, the beans and that tasty spice packet to have a delicious meal with hardly any effort. Perfect for the stove, slow cooker or the instant pot, you really can’t go wrong no matter which variety you choose.
Don’t forget that I have a fantastic giveaway going on right now. Four readers are going to win some great prizes including lots of free beans! Be sure to visit the giveaway post and take a minute to enter and you might be one of my winners.
Visit the dry bean aisle and look for a couple of new varieties when you shop. New Italian Bean Soup and BBQ Cowboy Beans are the latest addition to the Hurst Bean lineup. I have had both and they taste incredible. I made a big batch of Italian Bean Soup With Sausage & Kale this past weekend for my family and everyone wanted the recipe. I was loving all the praise and hated to tell them that my recipe was crazy simple. I kinda liked them thinking I was a chef extraordinaire!
Really, anyone can put this meal together in a flash. Just brown some meat, chop some veggies and toss it all in the slow cooker and sit back and let it cook. You’ll have a delicious meal that will feed a crowd with very little effort. Perfect if you have holiday guests visiting.
Visit Publix and grab your favorite Hurst beans and serve up something delicious.
- 1 bag Hurst Italian Bean Soup (with seasoning packet) - cleaned and rinsed
- 1 pound ground hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large parmesan rind
- 14.5 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chopped kale
- grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- Brown the Italian sausage and onion in a skillet over medium heat, crumbling as you stir.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 1 - 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the meat mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the Hurst Italian Bean Soup and seasoning packet, the carrots, celery, parmesan rind, tomatoes, broth and water and mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (high for 5).
- minutes before serving stir in the kale, cover and cook until tender.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.
Find all your favorite Hurst beans (including the new Italian Bean Soup and BBQ Cowboy Beans) in the dry bean section at your local Publix. You can also order all your favorite Hurst beans online at www.hurstbeans.com/store.