This post is sponsored by Curly’s. All comments and opinions are my own.
Every week, I look at the sales and coupons and come up with a weekly menu. I probably sound like a broken record at this point…but, after more than 10 years of sharing deals, I still stand by my statement that meal planning based on sales is the easiest way to save money AND stay on budget!
It’s pretty simple—if steak is not on sale, don’t put steak on your menu! Having a plan in place will help you avoid unexpected spending and even save you time each day.
When I make my menu each week, I always start by checking for deals on meat. There is a lot more factored in to my meal choices…number of ingredients, sales, time needed, etc. But, since the meat is often the largest cost in our meal, I start there and then figure out how to make it work for my budget.
So when I can get a deal on meat…you know that I take advantage of the savings. Take this deal on Curly’s products as an example. That new digital coupon means that I can get the makings of a tasty meal without breaking the bank. My family gets the taste they love, I get a super simple meal option and it’s easy on the ol’ wallet…the perfect combo!
Curly’s Pulled Meats, 12 – 16 oz, $6.49 – $7.99
–$1/1 Curly’s item Publix Digital Coupon
As low as $5.49 after coupon.
Notice that you can a big tub of meat as low as $5.49. What’s even better is that there is no cooking required. Simply heat and serve for a meal that’s ready in a flash! That means it fits my budget AND my crazy busy lifestyle.
Plus, I know that I can make a dozen or more different recipes with the meat and stay around $2.50 – $3 per serving. The price and versatility makes this a must-have for my weekly menu.
Whether it’s pork, beef, or chicken, Curly’s provides the finest cuts of BBQ meats that are always pulled, never shredded. Curly’s is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. All you have to do is heat up and serve. Add your favorite Curly’s pulled meat to a bun for a tasty sandwich, stuff it in a baked potato or use in your favorite recipe. Why not load your coupon and use it to create a family favorite like my Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Braid.
This recipe has a little bit of everything and is the ultimate for a busy weeknight. It’s packed with flavor and the minimal prep time means that you won’t be in the kitchen all night. Load your coupon and pick up a tub of Curly’s and serve up a tasty meal that your family will gobble up!
- 1 12 oz tub Curly's Pulled Chicken
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough
- Mix together the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll out the refrigerated dough onto a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Imagine the dough a three equal parts. Cut the two ends of the dough into strips, leaving the middle intact.
- Move the dough to a baking sheet.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the uncut middle portion of the dough.
- Crisscross the dough strips and tuck the ends.
- Bake in a 375º F oven for approximately 18- 20 minutes or until golden brown.