I made one of our all time favorite meals last night and wanted to share it with you guys as the sales available this week make it super easy on the ol’ wallet.
I love this recipe because it’s packed with amazing flavor and it’s also super easy to make. Just whip up the marinade and toss it in the oven and dinner is ready in less than an hour. I typically serve it with some steamed veggies so my total time in the kitchen is very minimal…which of course makes me a happy camper!
With the BOGO sale on chicken thighs and potatoes, this is a meal that you can put together for next to nothing. Seriously, I got everything I needed for about $6 TOTAL! If you have a few pantry staples, this is a super meal that’s big on taste without a big price tag.
Look for these deals on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 11/7 to 11/13 (11/6 to 11/12 for some).
- Chicken Drumstick or Thighs, BOGO $1.99 – $2.19
- Potato Inspirations Organic Potatoes 24 lb bag, BOGO $4.19
- College Inn Broth or Stock or Sauce, 24 or 32 oz ct, (Excludes Organic and Culinary Stock) BOGO $2.79 – $4.09
- approx 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 24 oz bag baby Honey Gold potatoes, halved
- fresh oregano, for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, broth, olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Add the chicken and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes in a large roasting pan and pour any remaining marinade over top.
- Bake in a 425º oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste with the cooking liquid.
- Place back into the oven and roast for an additional 20 - 25 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
- If desired, broil for 2 - 3 minute until the chicken and potatoes are browned.
- Serve topped with chopped fresh oregano.