This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
I look for any chance to get out of the kitchen. So while the weather is crazy hot, I take the cooking outside. Yep, my grill gets a LOT of attention during the week. With temperatures in the 90’s, it makes more sense to fire up the grill rather than heat my kitchen and make my AC work overtime.
When Tuesday rolls around, I can still give my guys the tacos they expect. With only a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes, I can whip up a batch of Grilled Pork Tacos With Pineapple Salsa. The taste is absolutely amazing and the prep is super simple. Plus…everything is cooked on the grill so there is almost no clean up at all. It’s the ultimate way to shake up Taco Tuesday. Your family gets great taste and you get a meal that requires very little effort.
I choose Smithfield Marinated Pork for this recipe so that all I have to do is open the pork chops and toss them on the grill. The meat is already marinated so I don’t need a bunch of extra ingredients. It’s already packed with great flavor right from the package! I just put the pork and pineapple on the grill at the same time and both will be ready in about 15 minutes. The tortillas go on the grill the last five minutes and I cut up the salsa ingredients while the pork and pineapple are cooking. So really, the whole meal is done in under 20 minutes. Once it’s all grilled, I cut the meat and let my guys assemble their tacos.
Now, I typically choose Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops for this recipe. I like the sweetness of the brown sugar with the pineapple salsa…it’s a great combo. Of course you can choose your favorite variety. Publix has a large selection of fresh marinated pork and every one is just as easy to use and offers great flavor.
Look for these tasty options in the fresh meat section at your local Publix.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- NEW Steakhouse Pork Chops
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- NEW Sweet & Smoky Roast
Share YOUR story on how Smithfield® Fresh Pork helps you to get grilling and you could win $5,000!
When you enter the Get Grilling America and share how Smithfield helps you be the ‘Hero of Your Grill’ you have the chance to win $5,000. Plus, in addition to the sweepstakes, there is also a Daily Instant Win game where you get the chance to win prizes every day!
In addition to the sweepstakes, the website offers champion Pitmaster bios, recipes, tips, and more so you can make the most of your grill this season.
Visit the Get Grilling America website and enter now through 9/4.
- 4-pack Smithfield Marinated Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- ½ fresh pineapple, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- corn tortillas
- Grill the Smithfield Marinated Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops according to package instructions. Once cooked, thinly slice the pork chops.
- While the pork is cooking, grill the sliced pineapple over medium high heat for 12 - 15 minutes, turning once halfway during cooking.
- Chop the pineapple and mix with the other salsa ingredients to combine.
- Heat the corn tortillas on the grill until warmed.
- Build your tacos by filling the corn tortillas with the sliced pork and pineapple salsa.