With the super deal on corn and Vidalia onions, I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to share with you guys this week—my Grilled Corn & Vidalia Summer Salad.
This recipe screams summer with all the super fresh and delicious ingredients. Paired with a fresh vinaigrette, it’s an amazing side to pretty much any protein. Burgers, steaks, ribs…anything! I have a couple of different vinaigrettes that I will use with this one. Since I happened to have a basil plant that needed to be pruned and used, I went with a basil vinaigrette this time.
I served this salad at a cookout with some friends over the weekend and I am happy to say that my recipe was a huge hit.
I made a double batch and was lucky enough to have a little left over for my lunch the next day. Of course once I polished off the last bit in the bowl, I was already craving more. I think I might serve this one up at my Memorial Day gathering too. BUT…this time I might have to make a triple batch for any chance at leftovers!
Grab these sale items and a couple of additional ingredients and have this spectacular side ready for your holiday festivities! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- Sweet Corn, Yellow, White, or Bi-Color Varieties, each, 10/$3
- Vidalia Sweet Onions, New Crop, 5 lb bag, $2.99
- 4 ears of corn, grilled
- 1 large Vidalia Onion, grilled and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup salad oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add corn, Vidalia onion and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Toss the veggies with the basil vinaigrette and enjoy!