This post is sponsored by Eckrich Smoked Sausage. All comments and opinions are my own.
My guys love are huge pizza fanatics. Give them bread, meat and cheese and they are VERY happy guys! I like pizza too, but I need to shake things up every now and again. One of my favorite recipes to eat AND make is my Smoked Sausage & Pepper Pizza Braid.
It's really super simple to put together and is ready in a flash making it a fantastic weeknight meal. The combination of the melty cheese and Eckrich Smoked Sausage is absolutely delicious.
Now is a great time to add this one to your menu as we have a sale on Eckrich Smoked Sausage. PLUS, there is a Publix coupon that will help you save even more!
Eckrich Smoked Sausage, 14 oz, 2/$6 (reg $3.99)
-$0.55/1 Eckrich Polska Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage, exp. 9/28/18 (Publix Coupon Green Grocery Flyer) [Polska Kielbasa 14-oz.; Smoked Sausage 10-oz. to 14-oz.; Limit one coupon per household per day]
$2.45 with coupon.
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is so versatile and will help you prepare a wide variety of delicious and satisfying meals in no time. Clip the coupon, pick up a package and a few additional ingredients and you can serve up a tasty meal your whole family will love!
- 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough
- 7 oz Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Italian seasoning, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Toss the Eckrich Smoked Sausage, onion and bell pepper in 1 teaspoon of olive oil on a sheet pan and spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While the sausage is baking, prepare the dough.
- Roll out the refrigerated dough onto a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Imagine the dough a three equal parts. Cut the two ends of the dough into strips, leaving the middle intact.
- Move the dough to a baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over the uncut middle portion of the dough.
- Spread the cooked sausage mixture over the middle section and top with cheese.
- Crisscross the dough strips and tuck the ends.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning if desired
- Bake in a 400º F oven for approximately 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Also just a reminder that you can still enter the Official Status Sweepstakes for a chance to win Florida Gators football tickets! AND...be sure to enter my giveaway going on right now. I am giving FIVE iHeartPublix readers a Kirk Herbstreit signed football. Head over and enter HERE.