This post is sponsored by Campbell and Pepperidge Farm. All comments and opinions are my own.
Tired of eating the same thing for breakfast each day? Shake up your menu with a delicious meal of Berry Good Stuffed French Toast!
This is probably one of the most requested breakfast meals at my house. My guys love it and I don’t mind making it as it’s super simple to whip up. It’s a great alternative to dry, boring toast and only takes a little extra effort. I think it’s the perfect way to start the day!
It’s really no harder to make than regular French Toast but creamy filling makes for an AMAZING meal! You can easily change up the flavor with different fruits and various types of flavored cream cheese. The recipe I am sharing today is my personal favorite. You just can’t go wrong with a big burst of strawberry stuffed inside that buttery, toasted bread! I like mine with just a sprinkle of powdered sugar but my guys insist on pouring over a bit of maple syrup.
- 16 slices [i]Pepperidge Farm®[/i] Italian Bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch cinnamon
- 8 oz strawberry cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar + additional for dusting
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- maple syrup if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and chopped strawberries.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto 8 slices of bread then top with a second slice of bread to form a filled sandwich.
- Dip each “sandwich” into the egg mixture, coating all sides completely.
- Cook the French Toast in batches based on the size of your pan.
- To cook, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add up to 4 “sandwiches” to the pan and cook for 4 – 6 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Repeat as needed, adding more butter to the pan if needed.
- Server sprinkled with powdered sugar and/or syrup.
With the Plan Your Day & Save promotion that’s running right now, you can get everything you need for tasty meal solutions from breakfast to lunch to dinner and snacks in between. Look for the Pepperidge Farm® Italian Bread for this recipe on sale 2/$4 at Publix. That means that it’s the perfect time to add my recipe to your weekly menu!
You’ll find super deals on tons of great products to help you serve up delicious meals that won’t break the budget. Plus, in addition to the sales, you’ll be able to grab a couple of freebies with your purchase thanks to the big Publix coupon in the Advantage Buy Flyer!
Buy any 5 items below and get 1 BOLTHOUSE FARMS® DRESSING AND any 1 GARDEN FRESH GOURMET® SALSA FREE!
Offer valid on the following items:
- Campbell’s® Chunky™ or Homestyle Soup
- Campbell’s® Chunky Maxx™
- Campbell’s® Slow Kettle® or Chunky Maxx™ Soup
- Campbell’s® Well Yes!® Soups
- Pace® Salsa or Picante 24 oz including Organic
- Prego® Italian Sauces 14-24 oz including Farmers’ Market ®
- Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish® 8 – 14.5 oz
- Pepperidge Farm® Italian Bread 20 oz
- V8 ® 100% Vegetable Juice or Juice Blends 46 oz
- V8+Energy® 6pk
- V8 Splash® 6pk
- Swanson® Broth and Stock 32 oz (excludes Organic)
- SpaghettiOs® Organic 15 oz
- Pepperidge Farm® Stone Baked Artisan Rolls or Demi Baguettes 12 – 14 oz.
Look for a display at your store where you can easily grab everything you need for all day meal solutions. Stock your cart and enjoy savings now through 4/27 at Publix!