This post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Rolls. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
I love birthdays, holidays or any festive occasion. It doesn’t take much for me to pull out my party planning hat and put together a fun shindig.
I am a big sucker for themed celebrations and have instilled this love for fun in my kiddos as well. So when Jeb realized that our puppy Bluto was turning 2, he decided that we needed to throw a party! I certainly wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity for a little fun.
I put on my thinking cap and looked around my kitchen for some inspiration. I spotted a cake mix, some ice cream cones and a box of Welch’s Fruit Rolls and came up with an awesome treat…Dog-cone Good Cupcakes. These ice cream cone cupcakes are decorated to look like your favorite four-legged friends. They are easy to customize, fun to make, and taste amazing!
Pull out a box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks and you can create pups with small ears, big ears, pointy ears, floppy ears or whatever makes you smile. Add a dangling tongue and you have a pup that looks ready to offer up lots of slobbery kisses.
We even decided that our puppies needed a collar and leash as a little extra flair. I mean, if you are going to celebrate you might as well go all out!
These would be amazing birthday treats. You can even personalize the cupcakes to make the party a little more exciting. Just grab a food-safe marker and each pup can be given a name so the kids will know which one is theirs!
With a box of Welch’s Fruit Rolls, the decorating options are endless. They make parties a little more fun and have the delicious taste the whole family loves.
Welch’s Fruit Rolls have 100% daily value of Vitamin C and 25% daily value of Vitamins A & E. You can feel good having them available for your family…after all, fruit is the first ingredient!
“Unroll the Fun” with a delicious, fun to eat snack and enjoy making a batch of festive cupcakes at your next birthday party—even one for your furry friend!
Look for Welch’s Fruit Rolls in the snack aisle at Walmart or Publix and take a moment to print your $1 coupon and save the next time you shop!
- 1 boxed cake mix, plus ingredients needed for preparation
- 24 ice cream cones
- 2 containers of frosting
- 1 box Welch’s Fruit Rolls
- 48 coated chocolates
- 24 chocolate yogurt covered raisins
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box.
- Use the batter to fill 24 paper lined muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Place an ice cream cone upside down on top of each liner and bake according to box directions. The cake will expand into the cone as it bakes.
- Allow the cupcake cones to cool completely and then remove the paper lining.
- Frost the cupcake and add a small mound of additional frosting off center to form the dog’s nose. Place a yogurt covered raisin in the middle of the mound.
- Add two coated chocolates above the mound for the eyes.
- Cut the Welch’s Fruit Rolls to create ears and a tongue then press into the frosting.
- If desired, cut additional strips of Welch’s Fruit Rolls for a collar and a leash. Use the frosting to adhere each to the cone.
Awww I was hoping there would be a picture of them like usual with the recipes!
They are so cute. What a clever idea. You can help but smile.