This post is sponsored by Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa. All comments and opinions are my own.
Taco Tuesday is always a hit at my house. My guys love it and I like that it’s and easy and inexpensive dinner option. BUT…serving up standard tacos can get quite boring week after week. So I keep dinner fun and interesting with these Taco Pizza Pockets!
My boys absolutely LOVE these as it combines two of their favorite things in one fun dip-able meal. It’s also crazy simple to prepare— so it’s a hit in my book too! In about 20 minutes you can have a pan full of these yummy pizza pockets ready to serve. Pop a bowl of Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa in the middle and you have a meal that will have your family running to the table!
It’s the perfect time to serve this meal up as we have great savings on Garden Fresh Gourmet salsa right now at Publix. Head over to the digital coupon page and load your coupon to save a buck off your favorite variety. You’ll love the taste and the fact that it has no artificial preservatives and is crafted in small batches with quality ingredients. Just stop by the Publix deli and grab your favorite variety and save big.
These fun pockets of goodness would be an awesome appetizer while you enjoy the excitement of March Madness. The assembly is exactly the same…you just reduce the size of the pizza pocket so it’s bite size! A little more cutting with your pizza wheel/knife and you are in business.
Stop by Publix and grab a few ingredients and serve up a delicious and economical meal (or app) that everyone will love! Be sure to load you coupon and enjoy America’s #1 Refrigerated Salsa Brand for your next Taco Tuesday dinner.
- 1 can thin crust pizza dough
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet.
- Drain excess fat then add water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring often until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut into 9 equal size squares.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoons of cheese in the middle of each dough square and then top with equal amounts of the beef mixture.
- Bring the corners of the dough together and pinch and twist to seal the filling.
- Place seam side down into a cast iron skillet or parchment lined pan.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa.