This post is sponsored by Conagra Brands, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
Like most kids, my boys are pasta eating machines! My youngest kiddo would probably eat pasta every single day if he had his choice! As you’d probably guess…the Viva Italia sale is one of my favorite sales of the year at Publix. I get the opportunity to stock up on tons of great products to help me serve up the meals that my guys love. I pack my pantry with tons of great foods and save lots of moolah at the same time.
We have a nice digital coupon for savings on Hunt’s tomatoes that goes great with the current sale at Publix. Load your coupon and stock up on delicious tomatoes for all your family’s favorite meals.
I always have a big supply of Hunt’s Tomatoes in my pantry. Whether it’s for chili, soups, or my guys favorite pasta dishes, Hunt’s means that I get a delicious and convenient product that helps me whip up great meals fast. It would take me 10 times as long to peel and chop a bunch of tomatoes every time I needed them. The folks at Hunt’s peel their tomatoes with FlashSteam instead of chemicals. Plus, Hunt’s tomatoes are 100% natural—with no artificial preservatives so I can feel good about using them in all my dishes.
Hunt’s or Rotel Tomatoes, 10 to 15.25 oz can, BOGO $1.59
–$1/5 Hunt’s 14.5oz or larger Publix Digital Coupon
As low as 60¢ per can in half price BOGO (63¢ per can in true BOGO wyb 6).
Clip your coupon and stock up on your favorite varieties of Hunt’s tomatoes to help you create delicious meals that your whole family will love. Grab a few ingredients next time you shop and serve up this Pasta Arrabbiata recipe for a tasty and economical dinner that’s ready in a flash!
As you can see there aren’t a ton of ingredients needed and even a beginner can whip this one up with ease! I really wish I had gotten a picture of Jeb’s face. If so you would have seen all that tomato sauce all around his mouth…the sure sign of a tasty meal!
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (5 cloves = 2-1/2 tsp)
- 1 can (29 oz each) Hunt’s® Tomato Puree
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dry penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato puree and diced tomatoes with their juice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; stir in crushed red pepper, oregano and salt. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan according to package directions while sauce is cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta and the reserved cooking water to same saucepan; stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Stir basil into prepared sauce. Remove 2 cups of sauce. Add to pasta mixture; mix lightly. Spoon onto serving platter; top with the remaining sauce.