This post is sponsored by Truvia®. All comments and opinions are my own.
There is so much to love about this time of year. I look forward to fun holiday get togethers, mild fall temperatures and of course lots of tasty foods!
While I love all the delicious seasonal foods and treats, I have to be very careful to watch my calories. Those amazing foods may taste great but holiday indulgence can do a number on my waistline.
Thanks to Truvia®, we can reduce sugar and calories while still enjoying all those delicious holiday treats. Truvia® is the natural sweetener choice for people looking to reduce calories, including people with diabetes and those looking to reduce sugar in their diets. It's easy to use, tastes great and allows you to reduce sugar, not flavor in all your favorite recipes.
- 1 frozen (or homemade) pie crust 8”
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup packed Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend
- ¼ cup packed Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1-3 tsp water (optional)
- 8 small granny smith apples, washed
- 1⁄2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all topping ingredients, except water, using a fork until crumbly. Mixture should resemble a coarse crumb with some small pea-sized pieces remaining.
- If crumb doesn’t form pea-sized pieces, add cold water 1 tsp at a time, while mixing, until peas size crumb form, careful, too much water will form dough.
- Set-aside topping for later use.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into thin slices.
- Toss apple slices with Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour.
- Pour filling into un-baked pie shell (filling will be very high).
- Place pie pan on a cookie sheet, it will drip over.
- Top filling with topping and pat it down over the apples.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake an additional 40-50 minutes. Test by poking the center of the pie to make sure the apples are soft all of the way through.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Recipes like this Apple Crumble Pie with Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend is a perfect option for your holiday table. You get incredible taste from a recipe that offers 27% fewer calories and 57% less sugar* than the full-sugar version. Put this pie on the dessert table and watch as it disappears in a flash!
Right now you can get great savings just in time for all your holiday cooking and baking. Print/Load the coupon and save on Truvia® when you shop at Publix.
Pick up a great deal on Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend with the coupon. It's a sweet mix of Truvia® Natural Sweetener and sugar that bakes and browns just like sugar, with 75% fewer calories per serving than sugar. Simply replace 1 cup of sugar with a ½ cup of Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend in your favorite recipes to get the same sweetness with 75% fewer calories!
*Each serving has 260 calories and 19 grams of sugar per serving, compared to the full-sugar version that has and 360 calories and 45 grams of sugar per serving.