This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Ok so apple pie may get all kinds of accolades but if you ask me, there is just nothing better than a warm cobbler with a big scoop of ice cream.
Don’t get me wrong, if you hand it to me…I will happily gobble down a slice of pie in a heartbeat! When it comes to making the dessert, I’ll choose simplicity every time. Pies need to be pretty and you have to work a bit more to get a good crust. Let’s not even talk about top crusts or lattice tops—that’s even more to have to deal with!
The great thing about a cobbler is you really just dump everything together and it bakes up all bubbly and delicious. There isn’t much skill needed and you don’t have to worry about it looking pretty. Just scoop it out and add some ice cream and just watch as the cobbler in gone in no time flat!
I have a couple of different recipes that I will use and this one from Duncan Hines is very simple to make AND it’s a little easier on the hips than some of my other recipes. This one doesn’t require quite as much butter and sugar as the one that my mom usually makes. It’s still packed with lots of great flavor thanks to the great taste of Comstock® Simply Fruit.
There’s no need to peel and pit a bunch of peaches for this cobbler. Simply grab a couple of cans when you shop at Publix and then raid your kitchen as you’ll probably have most of the other ingredients on hand. In about 30 minutes you’ll have a tasty dessert. I promise, it’s very simple to make. I think waiting for it to cool will be the hardest part!
Remember, you’ll find all your favorite Comstock® Simply Pie Filling & Toppings in the baking aisle at Publix. Each can includes the freshest fruits picked at their peak with no artificial preservatives or color added. You get that homemade taste without all the effort of homemade.
Check out all the varieties available…
- Comstock® Simply Cherry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Blueberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Apple Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Strawberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Peach Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Raspberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- 2 cans Comstock® Simply Peach Filling & Topping 21oz
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a deep 9-inch pie plate with butter.
- Blend peach pie filling, vanilla and lemon juice in bowl. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Mix flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl. Stir the melted butter and milk into flour mixture until dough forms.
- Crumble dough onto fruit. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and peaches are bubbling.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Here are a few Comstock recipes that taste great and are super easy to make –
- 5-Layer Cherry Dessert Dip
- Sunshine Strawberry French Vanilla Cake
- Easy Apple Pull-Apart Bread Made With Duncan Hines Comstock Fruit
- Blueberry Lemon Swiss Roll
- Apple Pie Bombs
If you need even more recipe inspiration, visit the Duncan Hines website for tons of other recipe ideas!