This post is sponsored by Nestlé. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am always trying to come up with breakfast ideas that will appeal to my guys. I see all these delicious ideas on Pinterest and just sigh knowing that my boys will never ever attempt them. I saw a recipe for an egg and avocado quinoa bowl that was right up my alley. Of course my boys would never ever touch that in a million years. But, I happen to be a creative cookie and started thinking of ways that I might be able to whip up a quinoa bowl that WOULD appeal to them.
I knew I could toss fruit in there and they'd be happy. I needed something to add some creaminess to the bowl. I thought about adding plain yogurt but I feared that it might not add enough flavor to entice them to "enjoy" their quinoa. So I thought for a minute and decided that mixing the yogurt with Carnation Breakfast Essentials® and a little almond milk would be familiar enough so that they would dig in. Boy, was I ever right! The boys absolutely love it and ate every single bite!
The best part is it was super easy to put together. The boys got a nutritious breakfast and everyone was happy!
We just had a big sale on Carnation Breakfast Essentials® at Publix so I bet you have some in your pantry. Grab a few extra ingredients next time you shop at Publix and whip up a batch for your crew. If you didn't stock up with the sale, be sure to grab your coupon and you can get a nice discount when you shop.
- $1.50/1 Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Light Start™, 08/14 RP (exp 10/8)
- $2/2 Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, 08/14 RP (exp 10/8) [Excludes 8-oz. single serve bottles]
- $1/1 Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Complete Nutritional Product printable
Remember, there are tons of recipe ideas on their website and don't forget about the recipes that I shared recently too -
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2¼ cups almond milk (divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (can also use vanilla)
- 1 packet Classic French Vanilla Flavor Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- Fruit of choice - sliced bananas, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc
- Rinse and drain the quinoa
- Combine the quinoa, 2 cups almond milk and vanilla extract in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 - 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Mix the yogurt with the packet of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® and ¼ cup almond milk until blended. NOTE: You can add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner texture.
- Divide the quinoa into 4 bowls and top with the yogurt mixture and fruit.
I also wanted to give you a reminder that I am hosting a HUGE giveaway with TEN different prize packs. The grand prize is a doozie with lots of great freebies including a $500 Publix gift card! Be sure to take a minute to check out the details and get your entry in!