This post is sponsored by Nestlé. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am always trying out new recipes. There’s no telling where my inspiration will come from. Often I try to replicate recipes from restaurant dishes that I have tried. Sometimes a food just sparks my curiosity and then other times I take an idea and just run with it. That’s how my Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Pie recipe came about.
My kids absolutely love Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. At my house, it might be a breakfast drink, a mid-afternoon snack or the base of a fantastic smoothie. While we were enjoying a big chocolate raspberry smoothie that I whipped up using some frozen fruit and a packet of milk chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Jake commented that he thought I should make a chocolate raspberry cake that tasted like his smoothie! Well, I am always up for a challenge! I tossed around a couple of ideas and came up with the this yogurt pie.
I have done yogurt pies in the past and they are always a big hit with my guys. While this is a dessert, I still wanted to keep it on the better for you side of the world so I decided to go with ingredients that would ensure the pie was tasty but not heavy in sugar or crazy high in calories.
To do this, I went with light cream cheese, a light whipped topping, fresh berries and Carnation Breakfast Essentials. I am thrilled to report that the pie was amazing! It’s rich and creamy but not overly sweet. The combination of ingredients work together beautifully and as a bonus, it’s super simple to make!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packets Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, milk chocolate variety
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz light cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese
- 3 5.3 oz cups of raspberry blended yogurt
- 1 cup light whipped topping, thawed
- fresh raspberries
- Make the crust ahead of time...simply mix all ingredients and press into the bottom of a 10 inch. Be sure to really pack that crust to help it stick together!
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To make the pie, add the water and gelatin to a small saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until the gelatin dissolves, approximately 1 - 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Next, add in the yogurt, gelatin mixture and the packets of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® and beat on low until combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour into the prepared crust and refrigerate until set, about 2 -3 hours.
- Top with fresh raspberries and serve.
With back to school just around the corner be sure to stock up so you’ll have a quick and convenient option for your hectic morning. If you join the Breakfast Club you’ll get a coupon so you can grab a box at a nice discount. Grab your deal and give my Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Pie recipe a try…I hope you love it as much as we did!