This post is sponsored by Nestlé. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am always trying out new recipes. There's no telling where my inspiration will come from. Often I try to replicate recipes from restaurant dishes that I have tried. Sometimes a food just sparks my curiosity and then other times I take an idea and just run with it. That's how my Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Pie recipe came about.
My kids absolutely love Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. At my house, it might be a breakfast drink, a mid-afternoon snack or the base of a fantastic smoothie. While we were enjoying a big chocolate raspberry smoothie that I whipped up using some frozen fruit and a packet of milk chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Jake commented that he thought I should make a chocolate raspberry cake that tasted like his smoothie! Well, I am always up for a challenge! I tossed around a couple of ideas and came up with the this yogurt pie.
I have done yogurt pies in the past and they are always a big hit with my guys. While this is a dessert, I still wanted to keep it on the better for you side of the world so I decided to go with ingredients that would ensure the pie was tasty but not heavy in sugar or crazy high in calories.
To do this, I went with light cream cheese, a light whipped topping, fresh berries and Carnation Breakfast Essentials. I am thrilled to report that the pie was amazing! It's rich and creamy but not overly sweet. The combination of ingredients work together beautifully and as a bonus, it's super simple to make!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packets Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, milk chocolate variety
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz light cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese
- 3 5.3 oz cups of raspberry blended yogurt
- 1 cup light whipped topping, thawed
- fresh raspberries
- Make the crust ahead of time...simply mix all ingredients and press into the bottom of a 10 inch. Be sure to really pack that crust to help it stick together!
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To make the pie, add the water and gelatin to a small saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until the gelatin dissolves, approximately 1 - 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Next, add in the yogurt, gelatin mixture and the packets of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® and beat on low until combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour into the prepared crust and refrigerate until set, about 2 -3 hours.
- Top with fresh raspberries and serve.
So while Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is a fabulous breakfast option that tastes great and offers convenient nutrition, it's also very versatile and can help you create some delicious recipes too.
With back to school just around the corner be sure to stock up so you'll have a quick and convenient option for your hectic morning. If you join the Breakfast Club you'll get a coupon so you can grab a box at a nice discount. Grab your deal and give my Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Pie recipe a try...I hope you love it as much as we did!